anyway to do this:

VNC ftw
I've been using it for a while now to administer my fileserver remotely. It allows you to view the screen and use the pc just as if you were sitting in front of it. Very good program and highly recommended.

that looks really good but i followed the steps and it doesnt seem to work for me

EDIT: ok wierd and annoying thing is that it works from computer to laptop but not laptop to computer. very cool feature and extactly what i am looking for if i can figure out why it is not working the other way

Have you tried chaning the listen IP of the VLC Interface to the IP Of your desktop and let VLC Through the firewall?

I Was just thinking windows firewall might have a problem with it,apart from that i dont know.

If you still cant get it working maybe post HERE on the VLC Forums.

When i get back from holidays im actually going to try this so i can use my phone as a remote control,so if i have the same problem and figure it out i'll post here.

ok i have two ways that i connect my laptop to my main comp. one is through the routor by wireless and the other is directly to the comp by ethernet. when i disabled the firewall on windows it allowed it to work by ethernet but not by wireless. the odd thing is tho that it works by wireless going from the comp to the laptop but not from the laptop to the comp. i cant think of anything thats different about it so im abit stuck on the matter

it doesnt matter that much. it justs means having to get out of bed and walking to the computer five feet away but thanks for your help anyway guys. respect!

Back
Top Bottom