HIS Radeon HD3650 AGP

scmah

Beta member
I recently bought a HD 3650 AGP card. I plugged it into my motherboard (Asus p4pe) and the computer wouldn't turn on, but the PC is getting power. It would turn on once I installed my old video card, Nvidia GeForce 5200. I uninstalled and reinstalled the card and driver the proper way.

The possibilities why, I think, it's not turning on are: the card is DDR2, while I'm using DDR... damaged video card... needs power connector?

I have a P4 2.66GHz with 1G of RAM using 300W.

Thanks for your input, if any.

From the 3650 AGP's that I've seen, you do need a power connector. Your computer won't do anything until it gets one.

You'll need a better power supply too. I would just end up getting a whole new computer.

Also, you posted this in the wrong section.

From the 3650 AGP's that I've seen, you do need a power connector. Your computer won't do anything until it gets one.

You'll need a better power supply too. I would just end up getting a whole new computer.

Also, you posted this in the wrong section.

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't believe I waited almost a week for a reply. :( Guess posting this in the wrong section doesn't help either.

I was told the same thing at a local store where I initially bought my PC. I thought about the Radeon X1650 AGP card for $80, I'll also need a power upgrade, an extra $49.

Back
Top Bottom