GTA4 on pc?

What do you actually do on this game? My cousin has it and all he does is kill random people. lol
Basically, you're Niko Bellic, a Russian? immigrant looking to start a new life in NYC. From there the typical GTA stuff happens, you have to do missions involving killing people, blowing things up, stealing cars, et cetera in order to rise up and get rich and powerful.

If you've never played a GTA game before, the interesting thing about them is that it's what's called a sandbox open world game. There are missions, but you aren't actually required to be them. You could just go around killing random people and stealing random cars and such for as long as you want.

As for David's question, I'd stick with it on console for now if you have the option. Since the PC version is basically a port, the original will be better (less bugs, etc)

Basically, you're Niko Bellic, a Russian? immigrant looking to start a new life in NYC. From there the typical GTA stuff happens, you have to do missions involving killing people, blowing things up, stealing cars, et cetera in order to rise up and get rich and powerful.

If you've never played a GTA game before, the interesting thing about them is that it's what's called a sandbox open world game. There are missions, but you aren't actually required to be them. You could just go around killing random people and stealing random cars and such for as long as you want.

As for David's question, I'd stick with it on console for now if you have the option. Since the PC version is basically a port, the original will be better (less bugs, etc)

he's a serbian immigrant, and the voice actors did a terrible job.

My rig meets the recommended requirements with a c2d and 8600gt which to my understanding the recommended settings listed should let you max out the game. But I am stuck at 800x600 low everything. What a load of crap.

I had a friend play the xbox version on a sony bravia 46in 1080p screen, and it even seemed to lag a bit.

Even though the graphics are better than san andreas (still trying to finish it on pc) you can tell it's GTA "Style of graphics" if you've played gta 3 vice city san andreas and so forth, especially the walking and camera angles.

Alos, Nko Bellic is Serbian who is looking to start a new life in NY City <--wrong (liberty city)

Just like Carl Johnson moving back to los angeles or Tommy Vercetti moving to Miami :D

It's Liberty City, it's just based off New York City.

The Xbox 360 version does lag a bit when a lot of action is going on, but the graphics are a little bit better than the PS3 version. Less bloom, slightly sharper textures, use of anti-aliasing etc. The PS3 relies too much on bloom and a lot of the time things look washed out. The textures aren't as sharp either, but generally the framerate is a bit smoother than the Xbox 360 because of that.

the first time i installed gta it ran fine on low, just a little lag rarely. then my hard drive failed, now i have a new one, and i reinstalled it. still runs fine on low, but sometimes it gets a little laggy, and its annoying. 80% of the time its fine. i need to find some patches and stuff me thinks.

After beating the game, running people over and evading the police does get a little tedious and boring, but at least it has plenty of re-playability. I can't wait for the Lost and the Damned DLC coming in February though...that'll be fun.

my neighbor has a pretty sick rig (OCed intel core 2 duo, 8800gt, 6gigs of ram) and he said it plays horribly on his pc.

Back
Top Bottom