*sigh* another BSD

solitary1

Baseband Member
yup another blue screen of death.
its on a laptop.
when i boot up from CD, and enter the Xp recovery console, and type in the command "map" i get a question mark "?" where i m assuming my C: should be.
So i go ahead an type in "fixmbr\device\harddisk0\partition1 and it says the comman is not recognized.

i have tried to delete the partitions and do a fresh install, and all i get is the blue screen, and messages saying it can't perform the tasks.
Don't fail me Computer Forums.

Thanks.

How much memory do you have?

and

Have you tested each stick individually to see if maybe one of them has gone bad?

Do you have XP or vista?

You really need to read the thread before responding.

yup another blue screen of death.
its on a laptop.
when i boot up from CD, and enter the Xp recovery console, and type in the command "map" i get a question mark "?" where i m assuming my C: should be.
So i go ahead an type in "fixmbr\device\harddisk0\partition1 and it says the comman is not recognized.

Opps, ADHD

Nope, just too busy tying to post in every thread, please make sure you read the posts before you answer.

i have tried to delete the partitions and do a fresh install, and all i get is the blue screen, and messages saying it can't perform the tasks.
Don't fail me Computer Forums.

Thanks.

What are the messages exactly, I just done a fresh install of XP yesterday and I got various messages, and it turned out to be the XP Disk was too scratched to work, not saying that is your problem, but the exact messages you are getting might be a help.

the laptop has 1gb of ram

i have tried three things
1) recovery console: when i type in "map" it looks like it doesnt notice the c: it just has a "?"

2)Enter setup: when im given a list of paritioned spaces
" -: Partition1 [Unknown] 74873MB(74873 mb FREE)
Unpartiitoned Space 8MB"

If i enter setup, it says " an error occured while setup was updating partition information on: 74882MB Disk 0 at ID0 on bus 0 on atapi[MBR] Setup cannot continue.

f i Delete, it says it can't read the drives.
The error i get on my blue screen is setupdd.sys

Back
Top Bottom