PowerPc or Intel?

Which do you guys like better, PowerPc, or Intel processors? I personally like PowerPcs, but this is your choice!!! vote now!!!

Sorry for the type on the poll, It is supposed to be Intel, not Inetl

You're comparing Intel to a technology that hasn't been used in personal computers since 2006.

I do think Intel is a better processor, but I think PowerPc is a better processor for laptop computers and such, because I compared my Intel Macbook with my powerpc ibook and they both were made about 1 year apart, and the powerpc seemed to do a lot of tasks faster

I do think Intel is a better processor, but I think PowerPc is a better processor for laptop computers and such, faster

PowerPC's heat problems were the reason why Apple switched to Intel. They couldn't fit a G5 into a notebook because of its power requirements.

because I compared my Intel Macbook with my powerpc ibook and they both were made about 1 year apart, and the powerpc seemed to do a lot of tasks

Probably because most applications weren't optimized for Intel at the time.

You really need to get your facts straight.

PowerPC's heat problems were the reason why Apple switched to Intel. They couldn't fit a G5 into a notebook because of its power requirements.

Probably because most applications weren't optimized for Intel at the time.

You really need to get your facts straight.

These were apps that came with the mac OS, such as iMovie and iPhoto. And from what Steve Jobs said at the keynote presentation they had made a version of every Mac OS that would work with Intel. And I meant processors such as G3 and G4 were good in laptops, because the Powerbook g3 was the fastest portable computer of its time.

And from what Steve Jobs said at the keynote presentation they had made a version of every Mac OS that would work with Intel.

Just because the operating system was optimized for Intel doesn't mean the applications were. Apple themselves said their Intel notebooks were faster than their PowerPC notebooks.

And I meant processors such as G3 and G4 were good in laptops, because the Powerbook g3 was the fastest portable computer of its time.
That's completely subjective, since there weren't many programs that could test both platforms equally.

Just because the operating system was optimized for Intel doesn't mean the applications were. Apple themselves said their Intel notebooks were faster than their PowerPC notebooks.

That's completely subjective, since there weren't many programs that could test both platforms equally.
Well, to be honest they are hardly going to say that their shiney new line of laptops are slower than their older ones, are they?

Well, to be honest they are hardly going to say that their shiney new line of laptops are slower than their older ones, are they?

The first Intel notebook from Apple was the 15 inch MacBook Pro. They still had the 17 inch Powerbook in their lineup.

And I meant processors such as G3 and G4 were good in laptops, because the Powerbook g3 was the fastest portable computer of its time.

By the way, did you register another account diamondsoft?

http://www.computerforums.org/member.php?u=43407

I find it strange how a new member would add this to my profile.

you know nothing of macs

Back
Top Bottom