Wow, I don't know how this happened...

What's with the black tape? Buy yourself a little metal file and some emery sanding tape clean them up so it is smooth. Might even make your cuts look a little bit straight.

Did you do all that drilling with the motherboard still in the case?

Yes.

What's with the black tape? Buy yourself a little metal file and some emery sanding tape clean them up so it is smooth. Might even make your cuts look a little bit straight.

I did sand them down. The edges were still sharp. The tape protects from any cuts and adds to the look of the case.

You never ever ever do any cutting or drilling with any part of the system still in the case. You'd be surprised at the tiny metal shavings that go flying about. One could land on a board and make a circuit where there shouldn't be one. And it's bye bye baby...

Try some flexible rubber tubing instead of the tape, would look way better.

You never ever ever do any cutting or drilling with any part of the system still in the case. You'd be surprised at the tiny metal shavings that go flying about. One could land on a board and make a circuit where there shouldn't be one. And it's bye bye baby...

Yep, not a safe thing to do.

Nothing can stopp metal shavings flying around the case. I certainly wouldn't like to be plugging that pretty GPU of your into a pci slot full of steel shavings

Back
Top Bottom