Steroids

There's a difference between insulin and anabolic steroids.
Sort of... Not really. They just do different things. Injecting Pig insulin or testosterone? One is as crazy as the other in my mind.
It's not so much putting a foreign substance into my body, it's having to inject it that I don't like. I don't think I could give myself a shot. My mother has MS and injects medicine straight into her leg muscle like 3 times a week. I could never do that.
Yeah, at first it was weird, but after a couple days, I got used to it.

It's not so much putting a foreign substance into my body, it's having to inject it that I don't like. I don't think I could give myself a shot

If I ever need to inject anything like diabetes medicine or anything like that I'm all set cuz my wife is a Registered Nurse and has been a nurse for the last 11 years.

i agree there is a hell of a lot more people who abuse them than people who use them properly and safely which is what gets steroids this bad reputation
but i was just arguing that there is still those people out there who will use them as they are supposed to be used maybe there is a small minority but there are still people out there like that and to those people there will be an useful drug

You are completely right, but they are really not "supposed" to be used just to build muscle mass since it is illegal but I get what you are saying. It is possible for some people to take an amount that isn't going to have huge effects on the body. It is also possible for someone to do heroin and not get addicted to it too. I was just merely pointing out that the numbers are so small that its almost non-existent. As far as I am concerned the addiction rate is probably really close to the same as heroin. Like I said before I used to play a lot of sports and I used to be in the gym daily and saw a lot of people who were using them and you can see a huge difference in temperament and obviously size. I myself never used steroids but I did take a lot of supplements to help increase my speed, size, and power. But everything I took was completely legal and can be bought at GNC and now even walmart and other retailers. I honestly didn't want to risk my health over getting huge and being the fastest person out there. My sister's ex-husband was taking steroids for a long time and is now at the age of 42 on a list for a heart transplant and has a defibrillator installed and spends most of his time now in a hospital basically waiting to die due to his use of steroids. Like I said in my original post my old boss used to take them alot and most of the people he was using em with and getting them from are dead mostly due to heart conditions and failure. Dangerous stuff.

If I ever need to inject anything like diabetes medicine or anything like that I'm all set cuz my wife is a Registered Nurse and has been a nurse for the last 11 years.

You are completely right, but they are really not "supposed" to be used just to build muscle mass since it is illegal but I get what you are saying. It is possible for some people to take an amount that isn't going to have huge effects on the body. It is also possible for someone to do heroin and not get addicted to it too. I was just merely pointing out that the numbers are so small that its almost non-existent. As far as I am concerned the addiction rate is probably really close to the same as heroin. Like I said before I used to play a lot of sports and I used to be in the gym daily and saw a lot of people who were using them and you can see a huge difference in temperament and obviously size. I myself never used steroids but I did take a lot of supplements to help increase my speed, size, and power. But everything I took was completely legal and can be bought at GNC and now even walmart and other retailers. I honestly didn't want to risk my health over getting huge and being the fastest person out there. My sister's ex-husband was taking steroids for a long time and is now at the age of 42 on a list for a heart transplant and has a defibrillator installed and spends most of his time now in a hospital basically waiting to die due to his use of steroids. Like I said in my original post my old boss used to take them alot and most of the people he was using em with and getting them from are dead mostly due to heart conditions and failure. Dangerous stuff.

well over here taking them isnt actually illegal as its legal to posess and import them for personal use illegal to supply them though
i agree that the numbers of people who safely use steroids is a small one however it hink the people that do abuse them get all steroid users a bad name when not every single one of them is like that
the difference IMO is that people become addicted to steroids because they want more of the effect it gives them want bigger muslces and want to be the biggest out there whereas people who are addicted to heroin simply cant break the habbit their bodies depend on that heroin fix
if you have the will power not to get addicted and the right knowledge and advice to know how much to take and when to stop etc then i see no problems with taking steroids
however as you pointed out many people take steroids together and because of the added testosterone it obviously becomes a male pride compettition thing to see who can take the most etc and so thats where a lot of problems come from
and again like a lot of drugs out there it is dangerous stuff if you dont know what you are doing with it but when used properly it can be useful

well over here taking them isnt actually illegal as its legal to posess and import them for personal use illegal to supply them though
i agree that the numbers of people who safely use steroids is a small one however it hink the people that do abuse them get all steroid users a bad name when not every single one of them is like that
the difference IMO is that people become addicted to steroids because they want more of the effect it gives them want bigger muslces and want to be the biggest out there whereas people who are addicted to heroin simply cant break the habbit their bodies depend on that heroin fix
if you have the will power not to get addicted and the right knowledge and advice to know how much to take and when to stop etc then i see no problems with taking steroids
however as you pointed out many people take steroids together and because of the added testosterone it obviously becomes a male pride compettition thing to see who can take the most etc and so thats where a lot of problems come from
and again like a lot of drugs out there it is dangerous stuff if you dont know what you are doing with it but when used properly it can be useful

Wow that is a really good point as well. I was looking at this issue with tunnel vision. I was referring to them being illegal here in the United states. Didn't even think about it being legal in other countries. That is a very good point my whole argument was based on stuff I know about this country alone I guess I have honestly never read or heard anything about the use of it worldwide. I guess that's ignorance on my part. I'm sure it might not be as abused in other parts of the world since it is regulated by doctors and physicians due to it not being illegal. I'm sure that there are still those hardcore people who shoot large amounts of it directly into their bloodstream but there may be a lot more people who use it correctly in other forms and don't go overboard. I know that here since it is illegal its easier to get the liquid form and inject it to get maximum results which makes it a lot more dangerous since its harder to get it in a different form. +1

Wow that is a really good point as well. I was looking at this issue with tunnel vision. I was referring to them being illegal here in the United states. Didn't even think about it being legal in other countries. That is a very good point my whole argument was based on stuff I know about this country alone I guess I have honestly never read or heard anything about the use of it worldwide. I guess that's ignorance on my part. I'm sure it might not be as abused in other parts of the world since it is regulated by doctors and physicians due to it not being illegal. I'm sure that there are still those hardcore people who shoot large amounts of it directly into their bloodstream but there may be a lot more people who use it correctly in other forms and don't go overboard. I know that here since it is illegal its easier to get the liquid form and inject it to get maximum results which makes it a lot more dangerous since its harder to get it in a different form. +1
Over here you are responsible still for getting your own steroids but the people i have known of who have had contact with steroids have always well researched what they are putting into their bodies and they known where its coming from and what exactly is in it basically educated themselves before hand

and they also know how to take it because it isnt just something you take once a day for an inevitable period of time you take it in cycles of weeks or months and once you start a cycle you have to carry it on you cant just stop mid cycle otherwise you mess with hormone levels in your body and that can create roid rage , and a lot of the time you need to know where and how to inject it if you chose that route of administration
one problem over here which i know of is getting steroids from undergorund labs which dont observe proper hygene regulations or arent expereinced in manufacturing drugs but lots of people go for them because they are cheaper
I knew someone that was a weightlifting personal trainer (ie he only trained weightlifters) and they said if you ever want to do steroids you have to start out being strong first and you have to have a good diet and good excersise regime and you have to follow this for at least a year properly before you should just even consider steroids it isnt just something you can take one night and wake up strong the next day .

its always good to know the risks of what you are doing with your body anyway not just with steroids but with everything you do and thats why people who abuse steroids are messing it up for other responsible users by creating a bad rep for steroids

It's not so much putting a foreign substance into my body, it's having to inject it that I don't like. I don't think I could give myself a shot. My mother has MS and injects medicine straight into her leg muscle like 3 times a week. I could never do that.

pfftt.... the only time you feel it is when you put it in your stomach. you leg, butt, and back of the arm don't hurt a bit.

Back
Top Bottom