Steroids

Yes, medical steroiids are given by doctors, anabolic steroids. They don't build muscle though. They help the body heal, but the ones I was on deteriorated muscle a little even.

Steroids are the #2 most common drug illegally traded in the UK second to X. At least I heard that somewhere, don't know how true it is.

Yes, medical steroiids are given by doctors, anabolic steroids. They don't build muscle though. They help the body heal, but the ones I was on deteriorated muscle a little even.

Steroids are the #2 most common drug illegally traded in the UK second to X. At least I heard that somewhere, don't know how true it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabolic_steroid#Medical_and_ergogenic_uses said:
Stimulation of appetite and preservation and increase of muscle mass: Anabolic steroids have been given to people with chronic wasting conditions such as cancer and AIDS
i dont know how true that is either but it is legel to import and posess them for personal use over here so a lot of people get around the lawby simply buying them over the internet

I don't care what steroids do or don't do to your body, or whether they are legal or not in any form........

I would NEVER stick a needle into myself and inject a foreign substance into my body. That's the end of that story.

i still believe if taken in a controlled manner under supervision of a doctor they can be usefull drugs and the levels of testosterone can be monitored safely to avoid roid rage

I'm not saying your wrong about that BUT the difference between medical use and weightlifting use like I said is 2 TOTALLY different topics. To test your theory here lets do a little test OK? You walk into your doctor and say this "Hey you know what I feel like taking steroids in order to build more muscle could you give me a prescription for some synthetic steroids please" Let me know the answer OK!!!! This thread was originally started as the topic of using steroids for WEIGHTLIFTING not medical uses. Like i said the difference between weightlifting steroids and medical steroids is DOSAGE and MANNER OF USE. The steroids given for medical reasons are not SHOT DIRECTLY into your body. They are introduced in a controlled manner AKA time released pills and capsules or a patch. The actual dosage is WAY less than that which the individuals weightlifting are using as well. I completely agree with you that it has medical uses but the topic this thread talking about was NOT medical use but for people who ABUSE them for weightlifting purposes.

I don't care what steroids do or don't do to your body, or whether they are legal or not in any form........

I would NEVER stick a needle into myself and inject a foreign substance into my body. That's the end of that story.
Well, I hope you never get diabetes, because you will be sticking foreign substances in your body 7 times a day. Or get a Pump, and do it 24/7.

I'm not saying your wrong about that BUT the difference between medical use and weightlifting use like I said is 2 TOTALLY different topics. To test your theory here lets do a little test OK? You walk into your doctor and say this "Hey you know what I feel like taking steroids in order to build more muscle could you give me a prescription for some synthetic steroids please" Let me know the answer OK!!!! This thread was originally started as the topic of using steroids for WEIGHTLIFTING not medical uses. Like i said the difference between weightlifting steroids and medical steroids is DOSAGE and MANNER OF USE. The steroids given for medical reasons are not SHOT DIRECTLY into your body. They are introduced in a controlled manner AKA time released pills and capsules or a patch. The actual dosage is WAY less than that which the individuals weightlifting are using as well. I completely agree with you that it has medical uses but the topic this thread talking about was NOT medical use but for people who ABUSE them for weightlifting purposes.
There can be a difference between medical use and weightlifting but i have seen weightlifters administer steroids in the same way you doctors would prescribe steroids which would be pills
i dont see how everyone who takes steroids to build muscles or to improve atheletic performance is abusing them
sure a lot of weightlifters/atheletes who take them do abuse them and dont take them safely and usually take a much higher dose then reccomended which leads to a lot of adverse effects however there are a small minority who use them safely in addition to their training to help them improve and build muscles quicker

There can be a difference between medical use and weightlifting but i have seen weightlifters administer steroids in the same way you doctors would prescribe steroids which would be pills
i dont see how everyone who takes steroids to build muscles or to improve atheletic performance is abusing them
sure a lot of weightlifters/atheletes who take them do abuse them and dont take them safely and usually take a much higher dose then reccomended which leads to a lot of adverse effects however there are a small minority who use them safely in addition to their training to help them improve and build muscles quicker

You are right but a vast majority of people who begin using "safe dosages" just to build a little more muscle end up using more and more once they see results. I'm not saying that all people who use steroids "abuse" them but the number of the ones that do use them in small dosages is so small compared to the ones that do abuse them that its almost pointless even figuring them into the equation. I was a football, baseball, and basketball player and saw alot of people who just used a little bit to help build muscle and once they started to see how easy it was it was over from there. But there is other ways than using steroids to build muscle quicker and safer such as whey protein, creatine, as well as many other things that can be acquired form GNC and other stores like it and they are much better than using steroids since using them is like playing with a loaded gun. Sure you might use a cycle or 2 and get a bunch of muscle and stop using them or more likely you will get addicted and have some serious adverse effects to your body.

You are right but a vast majority of people who begin using "safe dosages" just to build a little more muscle end up using more and more once they see results. I'm not saying that all people who use steroids "abuse" them but the number of the ones that do use them in small dosages is so small compared to the ones that do abuse them that its almost pointless even figuring them into the equation. I was a football, baseball, and basketball player and saw alot of people who just used a little bit to help build muscle and once they started to see how easy it was it was over from there. But there is other ways than using steroids to build muscle quicker and safer such as whey protein, creatine, as well as many other things that can be acquired form GNC and other stores like it and they are much better than using steroids since using them is like playing with a loaded gun. Sure you might use a cycle or 2 and get a bunch of muscle and stop using them or more likely you will get addicted and have some serious adverse effects to your body.
i agree there is a hell of a lot more people who abuse them than people who use them properly and safely which is what gets steroids this bad reputation
but i was just arguing that there is still those people out there who will use them as they are supposed to be used maybe there is a small minority but there are still people out there like that and to those people there will be an useful drug

Well, I hope you never get diabetes, because you will be sticking foreign substances in your body 7 times a day. Or get a Pump, and do it 24/7.
It's not so much putting a foreign substance into my body, it's having to inject it that I don't like. I don't think I could give myself a shot. My mother has MS and injects medicine straight into her leg muscle like 3 times a week. I could never do that.

Back
Top Bottom