All Things Apple

Golden Master
Apple just introduced their new 17 inch MacBook Pro.
http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

17-inch: 2.66GHz
Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB Memory
320GB hard drive1
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB
Illuminated keyboard
Built-in 8-hour battery
$2,799.00
Funny how this is the only model which offers a matte screen. Still, they're not offering any incentive for me to upgrade. If anything, they're pushing me further away.

Looks like a glass screen to me...

Pretty, but way too expensive. Starting at $2,799? Thank you, but no thank you.

I'm just not a fan of the glass screen and the retarded use of DisplayPort. I do love the whole unibody aluminum enclosure though. I lifted a Macbook and Macbook Pro at Fry's Electronics a few weeks ago and they feel so solid and durable just from that one block of aluminum.

Hmm... In what way is this different to their previous one? Apart from the Matte screen

Wayyyy too expensive for what you get......

Oh, and "built in battery", that means it's not user swappable if it goes bad....

Yeah I like it but looks aren't everything....I don't think my wallet would be happy being that slim for something i can with the same specs for a lot cheaper...

I wouldn't buy it for $1000 unless the battery was replacable. I hate this Apple concept of everything being proprietary. :|

I wouldn't buy it for $1000 unless the battery was replacable. I hate this Apple concept of everything being proprietary. :|
Exactly, I want to be able to order a new battery if it goes bad and have it here in a few days instead of a couple weeks, which is what it would take to send the laptop back, wait for them to fix it, then send it back to you.

Back
Top Bottom