PC airflow help

I have to say...

I've never known the PSU to exhaust through the bottom? The two PSU's I have exhaust air at the rear, where the mains plug is connetced, and suck in thorugh the bottom. And after checking their website and looking carefully at their PSU fan blades those fans are supposed to suck air into the PSU and expell it through the mesh at the rear.

So check that out first.

Also, as mentioned already, see if you can rotate the CPU heatsink 90 degrees clockwise.

And fit a fan on the front of the case underneath the Hard Drive caddy.

If you do fit a fan on the front underneath the hard drive caddy then block the PCI slot holes.

OK.

#1. As everybody pointed out, the PSU sucks air from the case and exhausts it out the back.

#2/3. You should reverse the heatsink so it will be blowing up.

#4. The rear case fan is mounted incorrectly. It is blowing in. Reverse it so it's blowing out. If you look closely at the sides of the fan, it should have arrows indicating airflow.

#6. The PCI slots should have the covers installed over them to keep out any dust and dirt that may want to sneak in. They provide no extra airflow with the covers off.

I would suggest installing a fan at the front of the case to draw in cool air. It will also help with cooling the video card and provide a better airflow through the case.

LOL I purposely reversed the rear case fan to blow in))) I guess I'll put it back)
Now I'm completely mixed up, should I turn the cpu fan to the rear case fan or the PSU?
I'll also look for a fan that installs in the disk drive slots in the front cause I dont have a hole in the front for a normal fan
OK now I have the general idea, thanks ppl.

Well, if you can mount the HSF so the fan is blowing towards the back, that would be good. But I think your only option is to have it blowing up, which is OK too. The front fan will mount to the holes in the bottom front of the case. You'll need to pop off the front of the case to be able to put the mounting screws through to the fan. It looks like you can put the same size fan in front as the one you have in the back.

There is no hole in the faceplate of the case, so if i wanted to make it work I'd have to drill one in it))
UPDATE: In fact I do have holes in the faceplate but they are tiny(3 5mm-wide slots)

Well, if you can mount the HSF so the fan is blowing towards the back, that would be good. But I think your only option is to have it blowing up, which is OK too. The front fan will mount to the holes in the bottom front of the case. You'll need to pop off the front of the case to be able to put the mounting screws through to the fan. It looks like you can put the same size fan in front as the one you have in the back.

just by looking at it, if the fan on his heatsink is any indication of the amount of room he has he should be able to rotate it 90° so it blows out the back, that fan sticks way out so it looks like there is clearance for the heat sink to rotate...

Back
Top Bottom