windows 7 beta

Spec

Fully Optimized
well..i downloaded it about 2 minutes after it came out..and well whenever i boot the disk after restarting my computer..it goes to the setup..i hit "install now" and it says Preparing to install...then i get an error like.."OSimage is not found, not a bootable image"...alright well, i have also tryed the "upgrade version" by installing it while i was on vista.. and then i get errors like..drivers for ITE IT8211 ATA/ATAPI Controller not found. and drivers for A13IWKCW IDE Controller not found... so..any help? kuz there are no ITE IT8211 ATA/ATAPI Controller drivers for vista. or A13IWKCW IDE Controller

ummm, where did you d/load it from because microsoft has delayed the release due to server overload.

the windows7 page said:
Thanks for your interest in the Windows 7 Beta. The volume has been phenomenal—we're in the process of adding more servers to handle the demand. We're sorry for the delay and we'll re-post the Beta as soon as we can ensure a quality download experience

the windows blog RSS feed said:
Due to very heavy traffic we're seeing as a result of interest in the Windows 7 Beta, we are adding some additional infrastructure support to the Microsoft.com properties before we post the public beta. We want to ensure customers have the best possible experience when downloading the beta, and I'll be posting here again soon once the beta goes live. Stay tuned! We are excited that you are excited!

I'm guessing you don't have a key, right?

Did you d/load either of these?

x86 - en_windows_7_beta_dvd_x86_x15-29073.iso - 2,497.48 (MB)
x64 - en_windows_7_beta_dvd_x64_x15-29074.iso - 3,230.10 (MB)

x86 - en_windows_7_beta_dvd_x86_x15-29073.iso - 2,497.48 (MB)
x64 - en_windows_7_beta_dvd_x64_x15-29074.iso - 3,230.10 (MB)

it has nothing to do with a key, im a msdn subscriber and i downloaded it earlier today before that message you posted.. if you read the error.. winstall not found and OSIMage could nto be booted..and a bunch of other crap, and windows 7 beta was released, just shut down shortly because of mass amount of people, and yes i do have a key.

BOTH of those are not the actual dvd, because its not named that at all.

GB1CULXFRE_EN_DVD that is the actual dvd name. and i downloaded the x64 version.

GB1CULXFRE_EN_DVD that is the actual dvd name. and i downloaded the x64 version.
mmmmmmmmm OK, if you're sure you have the correct d/load then all I can suggest is to try reinstalling it.

Funny that the d/loads are listed on Technet as I posted them.

technetyb9.jpg

I have a friend who installed this. I took a quick look at it. It looks like Vista with a little more features and less resource usage.

yeah, i CANT install it if you havent read my post thouroughly, i get ERRORS when i try to install it, wether its upgrading or clean isntall. Upgrade i get driver errors and those drivers dont even exist. and when i try a clean install it just says "cannot open OSImage because Winstall doesnt exist"

I am installing right now...will let you know if mine works.

Have you tried dl another copy?

dled both, dled x32 and x64, also got my uncle to give me his private beta release x32 about a week and a half ago, still didnt work... works on my laptop but doesnt work on my desktop.

Well the fact that it is erroring on the ATA/ATAPI drivers says it is something to do with your disc drive possibly.

Are you doing a clean install, dual booting, or doing a virtual machine?

Back
Top Bottom