GPU Clocks Problem..

MNI-SmellyCakes

In Runtime
Ok so I'm not sure what's going on..

2 weeks ago, my HD 4670 was running really well on COD WaW w/ mid settings..

Now it doesn't. I mean it's not horrible, but it dips into the 20-30's sometimes which is unplayable for me.

I looked at my Catalyst Control Center, and found something weird?

Notice the "Current Values, compared to the top clock speeds..
Untitle23233d.jpg

Now look at the Memory Clock..2000MHz?!?! There's no way.
Untitled.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

The correct settings should be: Core clock - 750MHz, Memory Clock - 2000MHz. The memory clock is "double pumped", so that it's effective speed is 2000MHz.

From your pic, it looks like the core (GPU) is only running at 300MHz, less than half the speed at what it's supposed to be at. There is something screwy going on there.

Can you try pushing the Defaults button on the ATI Overdrive utility to see if it will correctly set the GPU speed?

:D

I did -- and I messed w/ RivaTuner by making the Memory clock 1000MHz, which really changed it to 500MHz in the CCC, but the good news is, when i did that it changed the clocks back to 750...

and then i just changed it back to 2000 cuz i realized its double-pumped. so everything is back to normal. yay. thanks

It's called Powerplay, the GPU clocks will drop significantly whilst no 3D application is running to save power.

And if you're going to be overclocking, use either Rivatuner or CCC, but not both at the same time.

Right right, yeah I only use RivaTuner. And I just OC'ed my GPU to 830, up 80 MHz and the Memory is up 75 MHz. (I'm going to try and OC is a little more.) But as of now it's stable..

And I did actually feel about 5-10 fps jump in COD:WaW, which I was impressed by.

Back
Top Bottom