WTH video card dead after an hour of low-level overclocking?!?!

Call of Duty 5 is much harder to run.

I can play on almost max for COD 4 no probs..

I'm on all low w/ my HD 4670 except its at 1440x900, and during intense firefights w/ a lot of people it lags badly.

"Probably"? Did you actually do it?

I entered the bios with another video card and set it to default...is that resetting it? Or must I take out the battery?(btw I tried and its hard as hell)

I LOL'd, when I turned the PC on without the power cable in the video card, it asked my for it in BOLD RED LETTERS XD
I still dont get why its not working
BTW I resetted my BIOS(the battery way)

I entered the bios with another video card and set it to default...is that resetting it? Or must I take out the battery?(btw I tried and its hard as hell)
There should be some jumpers on your board, use your motherboard manual to locate them. If you don't have your manual, removing the BIOS battery for ~5min will have the same effect. When you've done this, power it on with the HD 4870 in the system.

*Sorry for the topic ressurection*
ARGH I am so aaannngggraaayyyy!!!
The stupid piece of crap stopped working again after being stable for 2 weeks...
I turn Lineage 2 on, play a little, game guard crashes and I have to exit the game(the game is kind of buggy), so I do the usual, I press ctrl+alt+del and...the screen flippin' turns off. All the processes are working the PC turns on and off(with the usual vista sounds and everything), but I see no picture! As I researched this odd behaviour I noticed that if you unplug the card's power the pc doesnt go to the vista stage(sounds and stuff) but instead it just blows air(so the mobo see's the video card as normal and halts the system loading), but when you plug it back in, it works. Might this be bios(mobo or video card) related?
PS The pc is pretty stable, worked perfectly after the last time the VC came back from the grave...It is in a cold room(brrr, stupid hole in the wall), it has worked 24/7(maybe 20/6) for a week with no sign's of anything. It is not overclocked(after the first joyride I said no), I played MUCH more power-hungry games(GTA4, Mirrors edge, you name it), so it is definitely not due to something temp. related.
PSS HELP MEIII!!!! Please, for the love of boxxy!(or hate, whatever you're in to)

i wanna say RMA it. it sounds faulty. even tho you OCed it you still shouldnt be having those kinda problems.

Back
Top Bottom