PLZ help !!!11!

sisis

Beta member
Hey

i'm having trouble getting my new gfx card to work! :mad: i've 'upgraded' a few items on my rig and the new gfx card i have bought doesn't seem to do anything, yet the old one (which i thought was mullered) does. the new card is a XFX GeForce 9600GT 512MB DDR3 PCIE which i got from dabs, the mo board is Asus AM2+ GeForce 7050PV.

now have i bought a incorrect gfx card? or is the card a dud? cos the old geforce 6600 seems to work fine. its doing my head in. can anyone help me as to advising me if i have at least bought a compatible gfx card to go with my new mo board

thanks in advance! dave

Hi, what are the symptoms exactly? Will the PC not post? Will it not power on?

And please list your full specs.

Hey, thanks for the reply :)

after i built it up tonight i powered it on, everything works as it should, you can hear it load windows with the irritating windows load sound and the num/caps/scroll leds light up etc etc as they shud, its like i haven't turned the monitor on. yet if i route the monitor feed into the onboard mo board outlet, the monitors works and its ok.

both gfx cards are PCI express... i am sure. the new card is a GeForce 9600GT 512MB DDR3 PCIE, the old card is a Geforce 6600 again is PCIE.

no i didn't, but i'll admit i have never done that before and every card i have upgraded i haven't really had an issue with :rolleyes: this is why i have turned to the masters.... hoping for some insight to where i have buggered up

throw your old card in uninstall the old drivers and then see if you new card will boot to windows

or try booting to safe mode and removing your old drivers from there then restart normally... either one will work if its a driver issue

will delete the drivers tomo n change the cards. cheers for your help so far bob. will let you know how it goes

Back
Top Bottom