Legal to view certain websites

I thought they could log what you viewed?
Do they log what you download?

And I was just using that site as an example.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;887246 said:
Your history is logged but unless your account is flagged for excessive use or suspected of illegal activities they can't just go in and see what your looking at.

What you view is NEVER logged by your ISP without a warrant. The only thing's ISP's are allowed to log is the IP address you used, the time you used it and who you are.

Logging said things in Canada would be in violation of Section 184 of the Criminal code of Canada.

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/C-46/text.html

Hm. I was just curious. As most of you know I got busted for Copyright infringement. I really do not want to push my luck.

Hacking is a very grey area.

same with tools, at the moment it's technically legal to own them, but it's illegal to create or distribute them.

But a lot of tools that are used for hacking are also used by network admins to monitor, harden, and audit their networks.

For example the book Hacking Exposed puts out a bunch of links to apps that can be used and are used to hack.

Link Here

Another company that is very reputable that distributes tools

Link Here

I'd lay low for a while considering you just got busted for something else. Pushing your luck is not a sound course of action at the moment.

I'd lay low for a while considering you just got busted for something else. Pushing your luck is not a sound course of action at the moment.

I wasn't planning on hacking anyone. But, I don't want to get in trouble for looking at hacking websites. According to everyone here, i will be fine, unless i get flagged for soemthing, then they might go back through and see what ive been doing. As Long as i am not doing anything illegal, (ex. downloading illegal stuff) i will be fine.

But I do agree. I should probably lay low. I have thought about switching ISP's. But decided that would be stupid.

The best part is that I am trying to get a job at the ISP that caught me downloading illegally

I wasn't planning on hacking anyone. But, I don't want to get in trouble for looking at hacking websites. According to everyone here, i will be fine, unless i get flagged for soemthing, then they might go back through and see what ive been doing. As Long as i am not doing anything illegal, (ex. downloading illegal stuff) i will be fine.

But I do agree. I should probably lay low. I have thought about switching ISP's. But decided that would be stupid.

The best part is that I am trying to get a job at the ISP that caught me downloading illegally

ok you clearly don't get it. this was mentioned already in this thread

the ISP cant go back and look through what you went to because they DONT LOG IT unless they get a warrant served to them by the police. UNDERSTAND?

What you view is NEVER logged by your ISP without a warrant. The only thing's ISP's are allowed to log is the IP address you used, the time you used it and who you are.

Logging said things in Canada would be in violation of Section 184 of the Criminal code of Canada.

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/C-46/text.html

yes but the laws of canada dont apply to the whole of the world and so its only canadian isp's that actually have to follow that law
i dont know where the op is and what the law is where he is

yes but the laws of canada dont apply to the whole of the world and so its only canadian isp's that actually have to follow that law
i dont know where the op is and what the law is where he is

The US laws are very similar, and in effect are the same way about wiretapping and information logging.

I was just giving an example of what I know from Canadian law, go look up the US laws while your at it.

The US laws are very similar, and in effect are the same way about wiretapping and information logging.

I was just giving an example of what I know from Canadian law, go look up the US laws while your at it.

well i didnt know the op was in the US for one i considered that he may be in a european country whrere attitudes towards the internet vary from country to country

and i dont really care what the law in the US is why would i want to go look it up

Back
Top Bottom