Thermalright HSF question

JJCG

In Runtime
Im planning on getting the Thermalright TRUE Black 120, what type of fan do should I get with it? Are there any to avoid?

You don' have to spend so much money on that cooler. Get the Xigmatek HDT S1283. It's less than half the price and you will be a couple of degrees within the temperatures the TRU 120 will give you.

You don' have to spend so much money on that cooler. Get the Xigmatek HDT S1283. It's less than half the price and you will be a couple of degrees within the temperatures the TRU 120 will give you.

Thanks but there is a slight problem, im going for an i7 build and those HSF dont support the LGA1366 chipset (atleast I havent found any sort of adapters for the UK), where as for the thermalright already have bolt-thru kits availble from the sites I have checked.

Those i7's aren't cool runners either. I wouldn't put anything less than a Scythe S-Flex 49 CFM fan on it. The tight fin-spacing on the TRUE means it will do better with 38MM thick fans. If you can find a Sanyo Denki San Ace 1011 I suggest you buy it along with a fan speed controller.

I do not have an i7 build myself, but I've seen them hit 4 Ghz and temps in the 60-70C range.

That S-Flex should do you fine.

The TRUE has very densely packed fins, so you'll need something with a high static pressure rating, like the Scythe Ultra Kaze or the Silverstone FM122.

This article should help.

These sanyo denki fans are like gold dust.

I have found a few used ones on ebay that are not the same spec as the ones in the link you gave me.

I may have to just go with the scythe, thanks alot anyway the articles you guys posted are a good help, stopped me from buying a cheapie and thats important if its going to be put on your heat sink.

Back
Top Bottom