Xp Pro Help

will the computer boot from the hdd into the infected windows?
if so you could attempt to do your fdisk from there.

Just saw this post.

You may have a BIOS virus as well. I am not sure if there are any that can make to where you can't boot from a disc. If you wanted though you could try and re-flash the BIOS and see if it does anything.

Just saw this post.

You may have a BIOS virus as well. I am not sure if there are any that can make to where you can't boot from a disc. If you wanted though you could try and re-flash the BIOS and see if it does anything.

how do i do that?

Don H said:
It does work in other computers. what is the quickets and easiest way to format the drive without having to use a startup disk or anything? i dont have any flopy's or cd's left!

If you have a thumb drive you can make that bootable and run fdisk off of that. Here is a link on how to do that.

http://techpaul.wordpress.com/2007/06/28/put-your-thumb-drive-to-work/

As for flashing the BIOS you have to find out what manufacturer the BIOS or go to the computer manufacturer's website, or go to the motherboard manufacturer's website. Either way they should tell you how to flash the BIOS specific to your computer.

If you have a thumb drive you can make that bootable and run fdisk off of that. Here is a link on how to do that.

http://techpaul.wordpress.com/2007/06/28/put-your-thumb-drive-to-work/

As for flashing the BIOS you have to find out what manufacturer the BIOS or go to the computer manufacturer's website, or go to the motherboard manufacturer's website. Either way they should tell you how to flash the BIOS specific to your computer.

would i benefit more by just flashing or doing the formating? oh yeah one thing the one thing that keeps poping up on the computer is this Antivirus 2009 crap as well as sum spywear thing. also i downloaded Avast! onto it and i keep getting this message about system32/winscenter.exe is a malicious file.

so i made my little thumb drive able to become bootable can i place .iso files on it?

so i was cruisn around the infected computer and found a folder named "Drivers (dont delete)" WTF! then saw it had a BIOS folder could this be the culprit?

Back
Top Bottom