xbox live problem...help please??

xXxEM3RYxXx

Beta member
when i get on xbox live to play ill be playing and all of a sudden it will disconnect for no reason..it happens like like 5 times a night. so about once every 1 or 2 hours...i have a wired connection..can someone help me please..tell me whats wrong

Could be your internet connection... Try leaving your computer on, downloading a BIG file. Use internet explorer - it will stop the download if the connection get's broken. If it's not that, it could be your router, ethernet cable, your Xbox, or even the Xbox Live servers... Allthough that's unlikley.

Your router may be giving internet access priority to your PC because it was there first. This would mean as soon as your PC performs any internet actions your router is d/cing your 360 to give the PC as many resources as possible.

Open your router control page and find MAC control, locate the MAC code assigned to your 360 and give that a higher priority for resources than your PC.

Your router may be giving internet access priority to your PC because it was there first. This would mean as soon as your PC performs any internet actions your router is d/cing your 360 to give the PC as many resources as possible.

Open your router control page and find MAC control, locate the MAC code assigned to your 360 and give that a higher priority for resources than your PC.
Do you think it would actually kick him off of XBL? Also, not all that many consumer-based routers have QoS (Or a rudamentry form of it). I'm not saying your wrong, though - I was reading some reviews about router that had that feature today!

I speak from experience. My router (a bog standard Voyager 2091) was giving me this problem when i first set up my live connection. It would kick me as soon as someone opened IE or otherwise just every couple of hours anyway.

Do you have phone line DSL? @ my old house I would get kicked when the phone rang. I had to have Wires replace in my house.

Does Halo 3 say 'NAT is not open'? If that is the case. Type 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in your internet address bar and go to advanced settings, turn on DMZ Hosting and enter the IP address set on your Xbox (System settings, Networking Settings, Configure Network, and under IP Settings: Automatic should be your IP address.) Restart the router and you should be finished.

Hope this works for you. :)

Back
Top Bottom