Upgrade Power Supply Dell 4300s

Dude, Serisouly. Just build a new rig. By the time you are done upgrading that POS Dell, you are going to spend the same as you would building brand new.

So far, you are buying, Case, Mobo, ram, Video card. All you need now is a hard drive and you have everything you need. And to be honest, you could probably use the HDD in that Dell for now.

You can build a better socket LGA775 Dual core for the same amount of money you are going to spend on upgrading the Dell

especially since he may get a nasty surprise once that motherboard comes, it's a mATX form factor and may not fit in that Dell case, actually, probably won't fit that case...

he's better off just doing a completely new cheap build...

especially since he may get a nasty surprise once that motherboard comes, it's a mATX form factor and may not fit in that Dell case, actually, probably won't fit that case...

Yea. He is screwed. It wouldnt cost him much more at all. I bet he can get a full brand new build for $250-$300

And to be honest, you could probably use the HDD in that Dell for now.

you'll probably also want a new hard drive considering the dell one isn't SATA and connects on those old and ugly parallel ATA connetors

so yea...your "upgrade" will involve you taking out all the old dell parts and putting in the new ones, as in, throw the dell off a cliff and replace its spot on your desk with the new one

hes not going to use that dell case
i wanted to add a vid card
but never said which
and was asking about the PSU inside his Dell
but instead of buying an over priced PSU from dell
we suggested canabalizing his old pc
and make it better
which is why he wont use the Dell case
so he could use a better PSU in a new case

hes not going to use that dell case
i wanted to add a vid card
but never said which
and was asking about the PSU inside his Dell
but instead of buying an over priced PSU from dell
we suggested canabalizing his old pc
and make it better
which is why he wont use the Dell case
so he could use a better PSU in a new case

he said he already ordered the mATX motherboard and nothing else, I assumed he was gonna try to fit it in the case, the system I laid out wasn't anything special, but would've been a huge upgrade over what he has now with the Dell and the cpu and mobo combo was less (probably almost by half if you factor in the shipping) than what he just paid for the motherboard by itself, that Biostar motherboard was about 1/3 of the total price of the system I linked, he still needs RAM, a case and a psu, all motherboards have IDE headers so he'll be able to use the HDD and CD or DVD drive that came with that system...

Back
Top Bottom