File recovery possible?

Bob94571

In Runtime
Ok so here's the deal, My GF's dads computer was going real slow for him and he had some kind of virus that I spent a bunch of time trying to remove with no success. I told him I would reformat it for him and save the pictures and stuff that were on there.

I saved his "My Pictures" folder which had his Koday Easy share pictures in as well, another HDD and reformatted. When I went to put the pictures back on it only the folders copied and not the pictures in them. I dont know how in the HELL this happened and I feel horrible.

Would it be possible to use a file recovery program to get this pictures back. I did a full reformat not a quick one.

If I can, what is a good program to use, I have never used one before. Thanks

Running it now, I hope to god it works, ill feel so bad if it doesn't.

Ill tell u how it works out

Thanks for the quick reply btw

Somebody posted another file recovery software on here a while back that also works really well. Unfortunately, I do not remember what it was called.

A quick search and presto!

GetDataBack and Recover My Files. The only drawback with those are they are not free.

I can say that GetDataBack definitely works. I was recently able to recover songs off of a little 2GB MP3 player after it was quickly formatted.

Well, i tried the free one first and I did find all the pictures, however most of them are corrupted. Like the thumbnail looks good on some and when I open it, half the picture is just gray. On the others, the thumbnail shows the gray on it, and about 5-10% are good

Edit
trying Recover My Files now

Edit part deux
The recover my files seems to be working 20x better... I am finding alot more pictures and the previews look like they are perfect. I wont know for sure till the scan finishes and I get them resaved, but I think this is working alot better to at least get back the majority of them.

hahah, I bet you when you tried the 1st time and you found them I bet you was dead happy, but then when you said it messed up and only could get a few i bet your face went sad.

Then you come back find another program and you downloaded it and it worked and I bet you was like yes jumping lol.

haha, I love those pc moments.

hahah, I bet you when you tried the 1st time and you found them I bet you was dead happy, but then when you said it messed up and only could get a few i bet your face went sad.

Then you come back find another program and you downloaded it and it worked and I bet you was like yes jumping lol.

haha, I love those pc moments.

Yes. I bet he was dancing a jigg too. Dee-diddle-diddle-dee-dee

Yeah lol I was happy the first time, this time im not getting excited till they are saved... and so what if I was dancing a jig xD

Wow this thing really finds everything... some of this stuff i should not be seeing OMG :eek:

EDIT

So everything went great I got alot of pictures back ~ 1000 all together and some of their home videos. I tried all three of the programs rooster suggested and Recover My FIles wasa the easiest one to use. You could set it to only search for certain files like JPG or MOV and worked like a charm.

Thanks again for your help

Back
Top Bottom