Got the PSP today & need teny's help

my guess is because the fats apps needs 1.5 to run it. The Fat PSP can install an 1.5 kernal so it can run as 1.5 or the CFW it was installed with.

The Slim motherboards never supported 1.5 because when it was released, it was 2.xx FW because it was sony's attempt to stop CFW. the hackers tried installing the 1.5 kernal, and they got it running, but it was never stable, so it was never released to the public.

But you can run an Homebrew called Time Machine, which kind of tricks the PSP with 1.5, so you can run those apps. I only used time machine to do a file conversion for Monster Hunter Freedom 2 to Monster Hunter Portable 2. So i dont know how well it works.

I have a PSP Slim with OFW 5.02 (or I think 5.03)

What is a simple and stable way I can get custom firmware 5.xx?
What about the warranty and stability?
Why do you have an older CFW and not the newer ones?

I have a PSP Slim with OFW 5.02 (or I think 5.03)

When did you get your PSP? The newer 2000 series cant have CFW.

What is a simple and stable way I can get custom firmware 5.xx?

Since you have a Slim, you would need to do it with a Pandora Battery and jigstick, which some people call it Pandora for short.

What about the warranty and stability?

According to Sony, your warranty will be Voided if you install CFW, but i dont know how they would know, and with the Pandora, you can either install CFW, or OFW. Which i think its better than having Sony's warranty if you have bricked your PSP. With Pandora, if you bricked the PSP, you can restore within minutes, while with sony, you would have to call, send it in, and wait for an new or refurbished one, which IMO is not worth it. CFW is very stable, if its not stable, then Dark_Alex will release a patch to make it stable.

Why do you have an older CFW and not the newer ones?

It all depends on the people, some like the latest ones, and some like the older one because we dont see any point in upgrading unless the games requires us to.
I prefer to keep the 4.01 M33 because i installed a custom theme, with an PS3 opening, and gunshot gameboot when i start a game. I wouldnt recommend doing this unless you have a Pandora, because i messed with Flash0 so it might brick if i go wrong, which i did about 5 times.
Theres also a plugin that does this so you wont brick your psp, it would just load the theme from your memstick, without the memstick, it wont load the theme. I would go with this, but then i would have to stick to one theme, my current theme is about 3 themes combined.

Mines a PSP 2002. Should I just buy a Pandora Battery or make my battery a pandora?

I don't get much of the pandora stuff...

EDIT: Thanks! +1

Mines a PSP 2002. Should I just buy a Pandora Battery or make my battery a pandora?

The 2 at the end of the 2000 is the region, like 1 is America, and 6 is HK (I Think) I got a 2006, and its from HK.

Im saying like what FW did it came with when you got it, and the date you got it.
The newer 2000 series comes with a different motherboard than the older 2000 series. The newer motherboards cant read off the Pandora, so it cant be installed with CFW yet.

The 2 at the end of the 2000 is the region, like 1 is America, and 6 is HK (I Think) I got a 2006, and its from HK.

Im saying like what FW did it came with when you got it, and the date you got it.
The newer 2000 series comes with a different motherboard than the older 2000 series. The newer motherboards cant read off the Pandora, so it cant be installed with CFW yet.

Lol I can't remember the date of purchase or the OFW it came with. What else can I do?

Lol I can't remember the date of purchase or the OFW it came with. What else can I do?

i think if your psp came with an FW before 4.xx it should work. I think there was an App to test if your psp can read the pandora or not. I'll try to find it.

look inside the UMD drive and there is a code that will tell us if its the newer or older motherboard

Back
Top Bottom