PSU for Server

Austinn1

Daemon Poster
How much power would I need for a basic server? It wont be a beast. Just a dual core with couple gigs of ram and a HDD.

You know this doesn't go here. But to give you an answer, 500watts would give you room to add goodies later.

Really, you shouldn't need much more than 400 watts for a basic server. You could porbably even get by with a 350W unit. The main thing is you need a good quality PSU that will last in the long run.

I would suggest either of these:

Antec Basiq BP-350B 350W - $19.99

Antec Basiq BP500UB 500W - $39.99

I suggested the Antec 500W unit because you can't find a comparable power supply of 400W and up at that price and quality.

Really, you shouldn't need much more than 400 watts for a basic server. You could porbably even get by with a 350W unit. The main thing is you need a good quality PSU that will last in the long run.

That's what i was thinking. But wasn't sure.

It depend's what it's doing. Some servers will use much more than a normal desktop PC, some will use much less. Although I'd imagine a home server (file storage?) would use around 250-350W of power.

It depend's what it's doing. Some servers will use much more than a normal desktop PC, some will use much less. Although I'd imagine a home server (file storage?) would use around 250-350W of power.

Yeah if you haven't got an insame graphics card in it then it won't need much

Back
Top Bottom