Liquid nitrogen cooling. What do you think?

another thing to consider is the clock speed of the CPUs currently... at 3GHz that is 1/3e9 seconds/calc...if you cool it too much you could end up effecting the transistor activity on the Die level...in which case you could actually slow the processor down...

Ok, so I got this idea from soebody (im not gunnu say... but hes on these forums) and i searched the web, i wana here ur take on it.

The thing is, When (this person, lets call him "X") X said, try Liquid nitro, i was skeptic... so i searched, and foun my answer. I allready knew that Liquid Nitrogen was EXTREMELY hard to handel in a household, and if you spill it, say bye bye to ur floor, if it doesnt turn into a gas the second it gets loose, (then say bye bye roof and hello rainy nights :rolleyes: ) anyways, there were 2 major methods i read about, putting Liquid nitrogen into watercooling and Putting liquid nitrogen into a big tub (container) and accualy putting your comp in there, im going to put my side of the story on both, and ide LOVE to here yours,

Water Cooling ver.

Putting Liquid Nitrogen into Watercooling would be a VERY bad idea, Not only will it destoy your tubes and all from just the shere -160 ( almost 0 kelvin[which is used to freeze atoms]) but it would also create so much condesation, to prevent that i was thinking copper tubes with a big peice of cottom around the edge, but that was an epic fail for me. it quite obviously wouldent work, to get the cotton on you'de first want to either Glue it or Tape it, obviously the glue would shivle up and just go poof, and then the tape would fall off eventualy and again... cause masive ammounts of condensation. Then i read that you would need tubeing that could withstand an INFINATE ammount of presure, i knew my plan wa dead then.

Dipping in a vat of Liquid Nirogen ver.

As i read about this i thought...hmmm this may be posible but i was i gotta admit a ll skeptic, a big open va of liquid nitro? that cant be posible, it would all vanish while it was being poored in, and a masive ammount would freeze your house, or mabey not... i didnt research if Liquid Nitrogen let off an aura of coldness or if its just the liquid. but also you would need a team of 50 scientist and a pretty big heat producing comp for this to work, well, as long as this quote from Yahoo answers is correct
Of course i dont beleive this but if it is true, and it hits -160, that would be REALY bad, your computer is now dead... but then i saw this video and that totaly contradicted it, so, i think its not totaly imposible, but not worth it.

Final Verdict

Doing this would be COMPLETELY useless, looking at vid (only posible way ive accualy seen) then you would have to constantly have to keep adding liquid nitrogen, unless you have something that could hold MASIVE ammounts of presure. Please tell me what you think about it, and other posibilitys

It's thread like these that show how completely oblivious you are to everything we say. Unless you're overclocking the HELL out of your computer, air cooling is more than sufficient. I highly, highly doubt you know anything about overclocking. Not only is liquid nitrogen expensive it's difficult to handle. It has to be poured in by hand. Why? Because creating a setup to feed liquid nitrogen would be very expensive. Dipping your computer in a tub full of liquid nitrogen will completely destroy it. If you're really seriously about better cooling, use mineral oil. Even you should be able to do it. Which is really saying something.

i know its almost imposible for 24/7... but im trying to make you guys inventive...

i know its almost imposible for 24/7... but im trying to make you guys inventive...

No, you're just wasting our time. We give you the answer again, and again. Yet, you don't bother to listen. Seriously, take the advice or just don't keep asking stupid questions and search on Google for them.

The gang here and at my place already knows what works and what don't. To even try to rationalize LN cooling is a waste of time. I can get and have gotten very creative with air cooling. If you wander over there you can see some of my handy work. Even as I'm packing to move I'm designing a ducted cooling system for my Antec P182SE case. I've got the plans laid out in my head and it's just a matter of getting it on paper.

No, you're just wasting our time. We give you the answer again, and again. Yet, you don't bother to listen. Seriously, take the advice or just don't keep asking stupid questions and search on Google for them.

agreed, this guy needs to stop posting his bullshit around here and im gettin pretty fed up with it.

lol, you wouldn't want to have an LN system under pressure, cause then you basically have a big bomb sitting right there under your desk, You would want to have it well insulated and definitely have a good pressure release valve.....my opinion, showy and kinda neat if it works, system damaging if it doesn't, and really reallly unnecessary .....

if u want a bellow zero cooling solution the only thing i can think of is a compressor

Making an LN cooling based computer with no experience is like riding your bike in the middle of a highway.
You just don't do it.

Back
Top Bottom