Looking to buy an Xbox 360. Are they worth it?

Still, with 360 you can just stream all the hi-definition stuff you want for $8.99 a month. Sound likes a way better deal to me.

i don't think they do that in canada...

plus, bluray is still better than streaming because bluray has a higher bitrate

i don't think they do that in canada...

plus, bluray is still better than streaming because bluray has a higher bitrate

Dude, if you have 360 and Netflix, you can stream from anywhere. Most people won't even be able to tell a difference from streaming to buying blu ray. I'd rather spend $8.99 a month and get similar quality to a blue ray disc, rather than spend an average of $40 per disc.

It depends. I have a 360. I think it's fantastic.

360:
Cheaper
Larger library of games
More family fun
Able to stream videos directly from your PC
Netflix
Xbox Live
DVD Player(Even though you really don't need it.)

PS3:
Blu Ray
Bluetooth
You can do whatever you want with it.

360:
Cheaper-ok thats one factual advantage of the x box
Larger library of games-anohter factual advantage although it depends if those are the sort of games you wanna play
More family fun-thats a matter of opinion , how is the 360 "more family fun please explain " if i wanted a console for fun sureley i woulf buy a wii or something as that is most family fun
Able to stream videos directly from your PC-PS3 can do this too
Netflix-huh???
Xbox Live-you have to pay for this psn is free although x box live is suposedly better
DVD Player(Even though you really don't need it.)-PS3 can play dvd and blu ray

PS3:
Blu Ray
Bluetooth
can wirelessly connect to your home network
You can do whatever you want with it.
you can run linux on a ps3
free online play network
there is the price disadvantage costing 2- 3 times what a x box costs
Honestly, I just see the PS3 as an overpriced blu ray player. There is a smaller library of games. Whoever was talking about the RROD, they have no idea what they're talking about. That problem has been fixed within months of it first releasing. Don't listen to Trivium Nate.
well thats funny because my friend had his x box for a year and a bit and it rrod'd on him and his x box scratched up a few of his games even though that problem has also been fixed now , in fact it took them until october 2008 to fit a new motherboard and cpu that generates less heat which is abit more than a few months of it first releasing which was november 2005
You have many as options to upgrade your 360 as you do your PS3. Why would you even want a browser on your console? Why would you spend the extra amount of cash for the PS3 and then buy the blu ray discs to play them? Unless you're using a t.v. 50" or larger, you won't even notice the difference in quality from 720p and 1080p.
Source
why how many options do you have to upgrade your 360?
all you can do is add a usb hd dvd drive and hd dvd is obselete tech now anyway
with the ps3 you can change the size of the hdd , run linux , not many other thigns it dosent do out of the box you would want it to do
i dont know why you would want a browser on your console maybe people want to browse rom their armchair in their living rooms thats a personal preference thing
well the x box 360 cant play anything in 720p anyway , you will notice the difference in quality between
dvd 480i and 720p on pretty much any tv size going , and even more than to 1080p from 480i on bigger tv's
Stop spitting out random "facts" (aka your opinion) and confusing people. Unless you have hard evidence, keep it to yourself.
thats a bit hypocritical to say isnt it considereing a lot of what you put across there was opinion
such as
It depends. I have a 360. I think it's fantastic.

360:
More family fun
Honestly, I just see the PS3 as an overpriced blu ray player.
You have many as options to upgrade your 360 as you do your PS3.
Why would you even want a browser on your console?
Why would you spend the extra amount of cash for the PS3 and then buy the blu ray discs to play them?
Oh yer and just to set the record straight here i own neither console

Most of the newer DVD players upscale. :D
upscaling can only do so much for quality and tbh it isnt the best idea around
Still, with 360 you can just stream all the hi-definition stuff you want for $8.99 a month. Sound likes a way better deal to me.
over the internet?
what about people who dont have strong internet connections or have limits on their bandwidth
plus once you have streamed something and watched it its gone whereas with blu ray you have a physical copy to keep for good and do whatever you like with
i agree the prices are a bit high right now but as prices come down it will represent the better option

360:
More family fun-thats a matter of opinion , how is the 360 "more family fun please explain " if i wanted a console for fun sureley i woulf buy a wii or something as that is most family fun
Able to stream videos directly from your PC-PS3 can do this too
Netflix-huh???
Xbox Live-you have to pay for this psn is free although x box live is suposedly better
DVD Player(Even though you really don't need it.)-PS3 can play dvd and blu ray

you can run linux on a ps3
free online play network
there is the price disadvantage costing 2- 3 times what a x box costs

I'll agree with the family fun thing, my bad. You can use Windows to directly stream videos to your 360. The PS3 can't directly stream videos like the 360. It can only play stored content. Here is my SOURCE. You can get Xbox live for free. You have to pay $5 a month for gold service, which gives you a more privileged access to the content. The Playstation network is very unreliable. You can't even deny that. Most of the people I know with PS3's all say it. I'm talking about everyday users. Not everyone knows how to use Linux, yet install it. All these points were meant for the general mass.

well thats funny because my friend had his x box for a year and a bit and it rrod'd on him and his x box scratched up a few of his games even though that problem has also been fixed now , in fact it took them until october 2008 to fit a new motherboard and cpu that generates less heat which is abit more than a few months of it first releasing which was november 2005

Microsoft isn't perfect. I'm sure there are models Sony messed up as well.

why how many options do you have to upgrade your 360?
all you can do is add a usb hd dvd drive and hd dvd is obselete tech now anyway
with the ps3 you can change the size of the hdd , run linux , not many other thigns it dosent do out of the box you would want it to do
i dont know why you would want a browser on your console maybe people want to browse rom their armchair in their living rooms thats a personal preference thing

That's modifying, not upgrading. It depends on how you use the word.

well the x box 360 cant play anything in 720p anyway , you will notice the difference in quality between
dvd 480i and 720p on pretty much any tv size going , and even more than to 1080p from 480i on bigger tv's

People will have the option to stream in 720p, or 480.

upscaling can only do so much for quality and tbh it isnt the best idea around

It's better than nothing.

over the internet?
what about people who dont have strong internet connections or have limits on their bandwidth
plus once you have streamed something and watched it its gone whereas with blu ray you have a physical copy to keep for good and do whatever you like with
i agree the prices are a bit high right now but as prices come down it will represent the better option

Actually, you have the option to save it onto your hard disk. So, instead of paying $8.99 a month for Netflix, you would spend $40 per movie, instead of a faster internet connection? Trust me, if someone had a slow internet connection, they wouldn't have Live at all.

I'll agree with the family fun thing, my bad. You can use Windows to directly stream videos to your 360. The PS3 can't directly stream videos like the 360. It can only play stored content. Here is my SOURCE. You can get Xbox live for free. You have to pay $5 a month for gold service, which gives you a more privileged access to the content. The Playstation network is very unreliable. You can't even deny that. Most of the people I know with PS3's all say it. I'm talking about everyday users. Not everyone knows how to use Linux, yet install it. All these points were meant for the general mass.
you can stream wirelessly over the network to the ps3
http://www.hardcoreware.net/ps3-18-firmware-streams-music-photos-and-video-from-vista/
Microsoft isn't perfect. I'm sure there are models Sony messed up as well.
yes but they didnt sell them to people microsoft didnt get the 360 perfect for the release there was a number of issues with it
That's modifying, not upgrading. It depends on how you use the word.
ok so how can you "upgrade" the 360 in ways you cant "upgrade" the ps3
and surely adding a bigger HD is an upgrade
as is adding hd dvd playback functionality
People will have the option to stream in 720p, or 480.
back on march cbs tried 720p hd streaming
According to Feng, the median broadband download rate in the US is 1.9mb/sec and high definition video (ordinarily considered 720p or higher on the web) consumes 2.5mb/sec. So if CBS tries streaming 720p, they'd probably run into lots of buffering issues.
http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/03/27/cbs-testing-high-def-streaming/

i bought ps3, if you was to change the xbox into food this is what would win.

ps3=chips
xbox=steak

steak wins, i sold my ps3 due to crapness

but wait, you can add tomato sauce to the ps3, so that means you can stream stuff via your pc on wireless which means p0rno, films

i bought xbox, if you was to change the ps3 into food this is what would win.

ps3=steak
xbox=chips

steak wins, i sold my xbox due to crapness

but wait, you can add tomato sauce to the xbox, so that means you can stream stuff via your pc on wireless which means p0rno, films

Fixed! :D

ok guys, bluray discs are like 25 bucks not 40 and if you rent its only like 4 bucks because who watches a movie more than once?

ok to the guy that started this post, obviously you not going to get much because their is plenty of fanboys that have posted here, and im sorry, but the worst are sony fanboys. Im not a fanboy of sony, ms, or nintendo so dont flame me, just telling the truth in my opinion, sony fanboys are the worst. Anyways though, if your thinking about playing the game online and being ranked and getting up on a leaderboard, go with the 360, if you want blu-ray, go with the ps3, the games are about equal but the 360 has a bit more, graphics are the same, 360 has better AA though. I still watch dvds and im fine with that, no big deal, ill just buy a blu-ray drive for my computer in a year or two, maybe longer. so yea man, if you media, get ps3, if you want gaming, get 360. Seems to me like sony focused more on building a computer type console this generation and not so much on gaming but thats my intake

Back
Top Bottom