XP just deactivated after latest update

RhysAndrews

In Runtime
Hey everyone
I've just come back from holidays, and have turned on my desktop... initially it was running fine, however it must've installed some new updates in the background, because when I restarted... it decided to deactivate itself and let me know that my '30 days' has expired, despite activating Windows a long time ago, when I first installed it.

While I can probably just make a call to Microsoft and get it reactivated over the phone, I'm sort of confused (and very angry) as to why the windows update randomly deactivated my copy of Windows. I couldn't find any similar cases on Google, but my friend had the exact same problem while I was away on holidays. Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards
Rhys Andrews\

Well did you borrow your copy of XP from a friend? My guess is that XP would deactivate after an update if two computers were using the same product key. Just find the product key on the side of your computer and type it in.

Also, it's super easy to call microsoft. It's completely automated..you just type in your key with the phone and it tells you the activation number.

Thanks.
I was planning on calling Microsoft today to reactivate anyway, it had just confused me as to why we'd both been deactivated for no reason. Because I know that it is basically impossible to deactivate Windows yourself.

-Rhys

Back
Top Bottom