Upgrade Power Supply Dell 4300s

Anyone know of a case that a 4300s would fit into?
dell_%20DIMENSION4300S_L.jpg

ummm
holy mother of ..............
take the side off of that thing and look around
or if you could post a pic of it that would work as well
i think you are up crap creek with out a paddle on this one though
it looks odd ball and all f'd up
you might be able to salvage some parts from it though
the expansion bays are in a vertical format (in your pics)
and an aftermarket case is in a horizontal format

now if you want to build a budget pc to replace it (as i...... maybe we, think you should)
you could possibly salvage the ram, cpu, expansion card (wifi), HDD and optical drive
you would just need to get a new PSU, mobo, case, and GPU (graphics card)
and you would have a newer upgraded pc
but we would need alot more info to help you on this one

my school has a ton of those dells and they are all crap...but that probably has a ton to do with the image they load on all of them....sooo slow...

I agree you could potentially salvage the CPU, ram, expansion cards, HDD, and maybe optical drive if they are dumb dell ones...

but like they said...new MOBO, Case, PSU, and vid card.

So I am taking people's advice and replacing the motherboard, case and power supply, and using the components I can take from the dell crap system. I do have a Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz 400MHz 478 pin process that I want to use in the system. My new question is do I have to mother board that has a FSB that is also 400MHz. I know the socket has to be the right size, but was unsure about the FSB speed. Thanks again for all the help.

400 mhz or higher
yes you do need to get a mobo that has that rated FSB

the problem is that socket 478 mobos are hard to come by these days, they're pretty much phased out, there's only one (yes, one) available on Newegg and it's reviews are decent, but nothing spectacular, plus the memory he has is 168pin SDRAM, it won't work with any motherboard that he'll likely purchase...

Biostar socket 478 mobo

before y'all jump on this next suggestion, just keep in mind that even though it's not great it's probably about 1,000x better than what he currently has and is a very cheap solution, the processor is outdated, but still not as outdated as his current socket 478...

cpu and motherboard combo...ECS Goal3+(1.1C) AMD Sempron 3000+ 754 SiS 761 GX Micro ATX Motherboard/CPU Combo - $40 + shipping after MIR...

memory...G.SKILL 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) - $28 + shipping

case and psu combo...Antec case and psu - $120 shipped after MIR

around $200 for the everything and he can upgrade the video later, as this mobo combo has onboard graphics and the psu is 500w and should handle just about any single card video solution he could want later...

For that price. you might as well just upgrade the CPU too. You can buy a good LGA 775 mobo for that price, and get a new processor for just a little more.

In a way, you're still wasting money.

Dude, Serisouly. Just build a new rig. By the time you are done upgrading that POS Dell, you are going to spend the same as you would building brand new.

So far, you are buying, Case, Mobo, ram, Video card. All you need now is a hard drive and you have everything you need. And to be honest, you could probably use the HDD in that Dell for now.

You can build a better socket LGA775 Dual core for the same amount of money you are going to spend on upgrading the Dell

Back
Top Bottom