A+ Certificatation

Szat

Daemon Poster
I'm very interested in getting my A+ certification, because I need to find a job and I don't have my Bachelor's Degree yet. I'm taking a lot of time off from school and I figured it would help me (couldn't hurt at least) get a job. I have already worked in the IT field for a private company, but due to the economic crisis my IT boss told me that they couldn't afford to hire me back. I know I can just Google search this, but I was hoping someone with an A+ certificate can help me get started on what I need to know. I have built over 100 pcs and I am a computer information systems major so I feel confident when it comes to computer hardware/software; but a point in the right direction would help me. I.E. study guides, what are the types of questions on the test, prices for the test, etc. Thanks a lot!

Well first off there are two different tests that you have to take in the A+ Certification.

The first test is the A+ Essentials (220-601) test and is basically the core test that you have to take no matter what.

There are 100 questions on the test and you are given 90 minutes to finish.

Then for the second test you can take 1 of 3:
IT Technician (220-602) 90 questions

Remote Support Technician (220-603) 90 questions

Depot Technician (220-604) 90 questions

Here is a link to the Comptia A+ site that gives you more information. You can even download what the objectives on the test are, but you have to fill out some information first.

As for study material I used the ExamCram and passed with no problems. There is a ton of information you will need to know. Here are some examples:
A+ Core Hardware Exam Objectives:

Installation, Configuration, and Upgrading

Preventive maintenance

Diagnosing and Troubleshooting

Motherboard/Processors/Memory

Basic Networking

Printers

Operating System Fundamentals

Networks

Well first off there are two different tests that you have to take in the A+ Certification.

The first test is the A+ Essentials (220-601) test and is basically the core test that you have to take no matter what.

There are 100 questions on the test and you are given 90 minutes to finish.

Then for the second test you can take 1 of 3:
IT Technician (220-602) 90 questions

Remote Support Technician (220-603) 90 questions

Depot Technician (220-604) 90 questions

Here is a link to the Comptia A+ site that gives you more information. You can even download what the objectives on the test are, but you have to fill out some information first.

As for study material I used the ExamCram and passed with no problems. There is a ton of information you will need to know. Here are some examples:
A+ Core Hardware Exam Objectives:

Preventive maintenance

Motherboard/Processors/Memory

Basic Networking

Printers

Operating System Fundamentals

Networks

is it hard? i wanna do it, but i dont know how hard the questions are.

is it hard? i wanna do it, but i dont know how hard the questions are.

Depends on how much you study and how hard you work at it. Each test costs something like $168 dollars or so which should be motivation enough to do your best to pass it the first time.

But no it is not terribly hard and is probably the easiest cert out there.

Here are some practice questions for you.

Szat said:
I would be taking the IT Technician test.

That is the one I took as well.

I took it for kicks. The test doesn't seem to hard. I just don't know error codes and those acronyms. I got all the troubleshooting questions right.

No offense but I don't think it will help you get a job. It will take a lot more certs to do so. I am just being realistic.

No offense but I don't think it will help you get a job. It will take a lot more certs to do so. I am just being realistic.

It will help you get a entry level technician/tech support job.

For example Best Buy/Geek Squad I am pretty sure you have to have an A+, or any other support job like that.

I don't think it would hurt to be A+ certified, the more you know; obviously the more probable you are to get a job over someone else.

Back
Top Bottom