Looking to buy an Xbox 360. Are they worth it?

Must be the TV then because I can tell the difference of COD4 on my PS3 and on my friend's Xbox. Regardless, the PS3 has potential to be a far better gaming system.

I have both.
Xbox Live beats PSN hands down.
If a game comes out on both systems, I'll buy it for the 360 for the online experience alone. Making Friends, Joining Friends Games, Talking to Friends, Seeing what your Friends are playing, Achivements > Trophies, I could go on.

The PS3 is mainly used a blu-ray player.
This coming from a Sony Fanguy

My 2 cents

It depends. I have a 360. I think it's fantastic.

360:
Cheaper
Larger library of games
More family fun
Able to stream videos directly from your PC
Netflix
Xbox Live
DVD Player(Even though you really don't need it.)

PS3:
Blu Ray
Bluetooth
You can do whatever you want with it.

Honestly, I just see the PS3 as an overpriced blu ray player. There is a smaller library of games. Whoever was talking about the RROD, they have no idea what they're talking about. That problem has been fixed within months of it first releasing. Don't listen to Trivium Nate. You have many as options to upgrade your 360 as you do your PS3. Why would you even want a browser on your console? Why would you spend the extra amount of cash for the PS3 and then buy the blu ray discs to play them? Unless you're using a t.v. 50" or larger, you won't even notice the difference in quality from 720p and 1080p.
Source

Stop spitting out random "facts" (aka your opinion) and confusing people. Unless you have hard evidence, keep it to yourself.

It depends. I have a 360. I think it's fantastic.

360:
Cheaper
Larger library of games
More family fun
Able to stream videos directly from your PC
Netflix
Xbox Live
DVD Player(Even though you really don't need it.)

PS3:
Blu Ray
Bluetooth
You can do whatever you want with it.

Honestly, I just see the PS3 as an overpriced blu ray player. There is a smaller library of games. Whoever was talking about the RROD, they have no idea what they're talking about. That problem has been fixed within months of it first releasing. Don't listen to Trivium Nate. You have many as options to upgrade your 360 as you do your PS3. Why would you even want a browser on your console? Why would you spend the extra amount of cash for the PS3 and then buy the blu ray discs to play them? Unless you're using a t.v. 50" or larger, you won't even notice the difference in quality from 720p and 1080p.
Source

Stop spitting out random "facts" (aka your opinion) and confusing people. Unless you have hard evidence, keep it to yourself.

agreed, and the rrod was only on SOME of the xboxes, not all. Mine still doesnt have it. and yet still is one of the first ever made.

defiantly a 360 man, PS3 is ok and its got blu-ray going for it but the 360 is where its at. So many exclusives that sony once had doesn't have anymore.

Xbox Live is truly awesome, it is well worth $50 a year, we get more content than PSN(Playstation Network), Exclusive beta's, better online, more features, and a bigger community.

Don't get me wrong, the PS3 is a nice console but thats just not where gaming is this generation. I have owned Playstion 1 and 2, the 360 is my first MS console and i love it, i got mine at launch and i have been playing it for the past 3 years. Its really a great console, loads of games, achievement system is awesome and a lot better than "trophy's", online is awesome, just don't talk crap to anybody and they wont either.

360 is also cheaper and the new ones have HDMI and 60GB HDD which is more than you really need, their is also an option now where you can download your games directly onto your HDD and the game runs a lot smoother/quitter, i am sure their going to improve load times with this option sometime in the future to.

The 360 is also very family based, tons of movies, plus netflix is a nice touch, a lot of arcade games that you can purchase and many games that are family based.

Dvd is still the leader in entertainment, yes blu-ray is stirring up the scene but i don't think you will really need to worry about blu-ray till the next consoles are released.

Anyways i suggest getting the 360, if it breaks, MS has your back and will replace it for free. I just don't feel its necessary to spend more on PS3 because its just not worth it, graphics are the same (shut up fanboys), and in multi-platform games the 360 usually wins in better performance and graphics, also the 360 has better AA. I choose the 360 because i think its just better all around, and my friends with 360's that bought PS3's stopped playing them in about 2 weeks - 1 month, they say the online sucks and lags, and their just isn't a big enough game library.

Rohan said:

"why would you even want a browser on a console?"

I completely agree, are you paying for a gaming console or computer ? Plus nobody uses that browser, at least the people i know that have PS3's don't.

PS3 will be good if you don't want to buy a seperate blu-ray player. And I think the games on PS3 are fine, I don't get it. Sure, it doesn't have Halo or whatever, but who cares...I love Playstation, used an Xbox, it was good too, but I still prefer PS.

Why would you spend the extra amount of cash for the PS3 and then buy the blu ray discs to play them? Unless you're using a t.v. 50" or larger, you won't even notice the difference in quality from 720p and 1080p.
Source
What are you suggesting? that regular dvd's are 720p? nuh uh

they are 480i which is 720x480 which is really bad on a big tv :)

Hmm.. I remember back when I was like 3 years old, getting my first Playstation 1. I played Spyro non-stop. It sucked how Sierra took over Insomniac. Insomniac did a far better job with Spyro, Sierra just screwed everything up.

Back
Top Bottom