Religon Stuff

@OP,
Everything in that list is Biblical... Adam was the first man on earth (Genesis 2:4-6), God wanted him to have a mate, so he made Eve as the first woman (Genesis 2:20b-22)...dunno how it's unbiblical when it's right there in the Bible... Guess you never read through the first few chapters of Genesis or something, what happened in the garden is right in the Bible (Genesis 1-3)... It may not be what you were taught, as I dunno what that was, but I was taught exactly what was in the Bible... As for the Rapture, true, it's not called the "rapture" in the Bible, but there are references as to what the rapture is (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17), people just made a name up for it I guess so when talking about it, it's easier to understand. But the happening of the rapture is definitely in the Bible, just not called "rapture." Maybe you've been reading the wrong Bible?

No, I've read the bible many a time..

- Adam and Eve are NOT the first people. They the first NAMED people in the bible, when you read the Creation story look at what God created on the 6th Day (Genesis 1: 24-31). It says VERY clearly that God made Man and Woman and blessed them and told them to be fruitful and multiply, Chapter 1 ends and in the next Chapter God then rested on the 7th Day. It's not until after God rested that it says he created Adam. So, to me that proves that Adam and Eve were NOT the first people. Adam and Eve were the line through which Christ would come.

- I don't have my bible with me so I can't point out from Scripture what really happened in the Garden, once I find my bible I'll post it. But basically, have you ever noticed that Cain (the first murderer) is not listed in the geanology of Adam?

- The Rapture is not biblical, have you read the history on the theory? it wasn't until the 1800s when it was introduced by a mentally ill woman (named Margaret Thatcher) during a tent revival in the 1830s, Miss Thatcher also thought her neighbor was the devil. The one verse people always use to support it (1st Thessalonian's 4:15-17) is taken out of context, read 2nd Thessalonians chapter 2. Also read in Ezekiel 13:18-20 about God being against those "who teach his children to fly to save their souls". Also read Matthew 24, when it talks about Gods Elect (aka, the saved) being delivered up before the Anti Christ, if all the saved are gone then why even bother having the Anti Christ come if all that's left are sinners. I don't recall the Spiritual Armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-17) coming with a jetpack, there are many other places throughout Scripture that the Anti Christ comes first.

Sorry I know it doesn't make a direct reference but according to the genealogies does it not add up to roughly 6000 years?

Example of what I mean:

It gives the genealogy of Abraham all the way back to Adam to within 1 year.
Then we look at recorded history to see when Abraham lived. The only discrepancy is from Abraham up to today. There is dispute as to the date of his actual birth by as much as nearly 300 years by some scholars. Most think Abraham was born around 2000 b.c.
If you add todays date 2008 + 2000 (b.c.) + 2215 (the total time in the genealogy) you get 6223 years.

The time line of the Bible is 6k years, but that doesn't make the world and universe that old. There is too much stuff out there that proves it, science and religion don't always have to conflict, the history of our world and universe can't be crammed into 6k years.

Them crazy religious people in the bible belt in the US are straight up insane.

Not all of us in the bible belt are insane. I happen to believe in god and am a christian but I don't go to church much. While I happen to believe in god I also respect others belief even if they don't believe in god which unfortunately is something that a lot of people have trouble with. I'll never tell anyone what to believe, I just ask that others do the same in return. We're a free society and religion (or any other ideal or belief) should not be forced on people.
You are right, there are some insane people here. Some of the things I've seen and heard from people around here is very scary.

Seriously you guys, have some tolerance for other peoples opinions. Let people believe in what they want to believe in.

I believe in some sort of external locus of control, but definitely not a god.

The bible was written a long time ago by many many different people, and could have been translated by others to there liking. Things were different back in the day. Not nearly as litteral.

But one thing, the Bible is known as a Book of Stories. Some people take everything as a truth. That, imo, is incorrect. The Bible is meant to teach a lesson, not to scare. The floods, it shows what God has the power to do, and has never done. The story of the parting of the red sea, it shows what Gods followers could do if need be.
Jesus is the one thing that may be true. They have found a couple traces of him on earth I think.
But nothing else can be proven by history, because they are stories meant to teach a lesson. Science is real, the Bible is to teach a lesson. It was written by a couple random people 6k years ago...

Back
Top Bottom