Car Thread!

Here's some pics of the lift:

SDC10064.jpg

Broken Shock Mount

SDC10065.jpg

Wheel well. See that giant bolt in the middle of the coil spring?... Broke the closed end of a 1 1/8" wrench on that thing... Too bad it wasnt craftsman. That thing was torqued to about 130 ft-lbs, plus 13 years of rust on the saltiest roads in the country.

SDC10066.jpg

Home Made Coil Spring Compressor.

BEFORE
Before-1.jpg

AFTER
After-1.jpg

*dreams*

lol.. i got overtaken by one of those the other day.. was sitting on the motorway at 90, and this thing just blew past me.. lol.. properly quick cars..

looks like im a step closer to getting the mazda2 i posted about before, took one out for a test drive on saturday, and its a nice little car to drive :) just gotta sort out the annoying money bits, and i will hopefully have a shiny new car in a few weeks :)

Yeah, R8's are great cars. They're not as brutally powerful as say the Corvette ZR1 or the Viper ACR, but they're very balanced in terms of handling, power and response.

Now I wish BMW would remake the M1. I'd love to see them come out with another mid-engined high performance sports car.

i frickin love the mistu lancer Rali art all wheel drive turbo it has the evo engine in it! its so fast!!

i love working at mitusbishi

Yeah, the new Lancer Ralliart is pretty nice. Finally a worthy competitor to the Impreza WRX. The previous Ralliart was a joke.

It's still an unevolved Lancer though... :p

Nice. At least the fenders and wheels have a decent space inbetween and your ride height is still good for going over speedbumps.

The first day I got my car back from the shop I bottomed it out like twice. :( Getting used to a lower height is a lot harder than you think.

The only place I've ever actually scraped is the speed bumbs at my college.

It does take a little more getting used to. You have to have more effort avoiding manholes and potholes.

hehehe, I don't have to worry bout that at all. I can hit pot holes just for shits and giggles, lol.
But I do like the look of your car. What's the next mod on the list? You know you've got the Mod-Bug. Once you get it, you just can't stop.

Back
Top Bottom