Easy way to make a computer fail beyond economical repair?

Fair enough Joga i was really just wanting a way to make the PC seem dead, so i could do a new build and keep the HDD in a decent enough condition for me to be able to rip school stuff off it. I don't know what would be done with the barebones system that remains, charity was always an option. Btw,our family aren't so well off that i can do this all the time. I save up to buy my own stuff. But this family PC has been running for 7 years and it's been too slow from day one.

Oh ok. That seems more reasonable. I was thinking you just wanted to kill it for the sake of having a new computer. If it's 7 years old it's also more understandable too. I just don't like when people take things for granted. I've done it sometimes, but I try not to.

Oh ok. That seems more reasonable. I was thinking you just wanted to kill it for the sake of having a new computer. If it's 7 years old it's also more understandable too. I just don't like when people take things for granted. I've done it sometimes, but I try not to.

I completely understand Joga, i hate it too. To see that some people can have so much and not appreciate it at all, makes me a weird combo of angry and sick.

I had mine for 4 and its pretty nice.

Hmm..
1) Set it on fire
Turn It on in tub of water
Throw it off a cliff
2) wrap it will aluminum foil and turn it on and then set it on fire
3) (Running out of thoughts, but still liking the idea of) Something to do with fire...
Taser everypart
Connect like 50 extension cords together and fill up all the sockets and turn everything on at one time
Bury it in the ground
Put it in the oven while running
Turn it on outside while raining with no case cover
Take a pick axe to the processor
Smelt the metal from the computer and sell it

I could keep going...

Please do these are great.

hows about just sitting down with your parents/mum and explaining the situation to them rather than being dishonest with them

id still pee on it... yeah, thats the best idea, how soon is your birthday/how much do u usulaly get?i made a deal with my parents my old computer was unusable. and i simply told them id pay for some of it and have most of the parts count as birthday/christmas presents?

because being dishonest is way more satisfying LOL

just take apart the psu and cut a couple of wires, yull be able to save the rest of the patts. and from the sound of it the psu is junk anyways

id still pee on it... yeah, thats the best idea, how soon is your birthday/how much do u usulaly get?i made a deal with my parents my old computer was unusable. and i simply told them id pay for some of it and have most of the parts count as birthday/christmas presents?

Same thing here. When I build this rig in June 08, I had my parents deduct some of the price from my Christmas present.

Same thing here. When I build this rig in June 08, I had my parents deduct some of the price from my Christmas present.

exactly sir. Now ill have a computer that can get me around till summer. till i get my old job back and buy my own stuff.

I'm probably not going to get a new computer until college. Maybe one if I ever have an overflow of money (which I doubt) after my greencard comes out (when I get a job). I'm really want to build my dad's cluster though. It's going to use 2 nVidia QuadroFX 5800. He wants to use Opteron but I've been working on his mind to get 2 i7 965 Extreme. If I do get to build it I'll post some benchmarks.

I had mine for 4 and its pretty nice.

Hmm..
Set it on fire
Turn It on in tub of water
Throw it off a cliff
wrap it will aluminum foil and turn it on and then set it on fire
Something to do with fire...
Taser everypart
Connect like 50 extension cords together and fill up all the sockets and turn everything on at one time
Bury it in the ground
Put it in the oven while running
Turn it on outside while raining with no case cover
Take a pick axe to the processor
Smelt the metal from the computer and sell it

I could keep going...

To a poor motherboard?! You're sick in the head. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom