Easy way to make a computer fail beyond economical repair?

install the worse virus you can on it

then, when the computer is unsuable, flash the HDD, and u got urself a new puter :D

This is absurd...you WANT to kill your computer so your mom gives you money to buy a new one? That's funny because some people don't enjoy the privileges of a computer, yet you're willing kill yours for a simple hardware upgrade.

Here's an idea...make a bootable flashdrive with no OS in it, stick it in your computer, set the priority to it, then boot it up. The BIOS will find a boot error and you can tell your mom it broke. When she buys you a new computer, you drop this one off at some charity center.

This is absurd...you WANT to kill your computer so your mom gives you money to buy a new one? That's funny because some people don't enjoy the privileges of a computer, yet you're willing kill yours for a simple hardware upgrade.

Here's an idea...make a bootable flashdrive with no OS in it, stick it in your computer, set the priority to it, then boot it up. The BIOS will find a boot error and you can tell your mom it broke. When she buys you a new computer, you drop this one off at some charity center.

Good advice right here. And a fellow Kansan!

I never even mentioned what i would do with this old piece. But if you wanna jump on a presumptious band wagon and make me look a bad guy, feel free.

What's the easiest way for me to cause this old computer to fail (maintaining the HDD though) so i can convince mum to give me £500 to budget up a new build?

Makes me think you want everything but the HDD to break. Maybe you should be more specific in your writing.

Maybe you should be less presumptious in your thinking?

Oh no i didn't....

Fair enough Joga i was really just wanting a way to make the PC seem dead, so i could do a new build and keep the HDD in a decent enough condition for me to be able to rip school stuff off it. I don't know what would be done with the barebones system that remains, charity was always an option. Btw,our family aren't so well off that i can do this all the time. I save up to buy my own stuff. But this family PC has been running for 7 years and it's been too slow from day one.

well a bad mobo flash would render the motherboard pretty much useless and you can still use everything else

I had mine for 4 and its pretty nice.

Hmm..
Set it on fire
Turn It on in tub of water
Throw it off a cliff
wrap it will aluminum foil and turn it on and then set it on fire
Something to do with fire...
Taser everypart
Connect like 50 extension cords together and fill up all the sockets and turn everything on at one time
Bury it in the ground
Put it in the oven while running
Turn it on outside while raining with no case cover
Take a pick axe to the processor
Smelt the metal from the computer and sell it

I could keep going...

Back
Top Bottom