Google redirects.

Oh ok, when I search on google all the links are re-directed to ads and sometimes just stay at the ad site.

tiv, if you can't get rid of it with the links provided by Atomic, try
"superantispyware" i managed to shake off a hijacker which i had using it when avg ect failed.

Hallo,

I am having the same problem. And also another person here (posted yesterday, Jan 5, 2009): http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1027125&p=5400905

I have tried the following tools in an attempt to find and fix the problem:

Ad-Aware 2008 Free
Spybot Search & Destroy
Malwarebytes
SUperAntiSpyware
gmer
combofix
spynomore
spysweeper
mcafee virus scan
...and perhaps even others I don't remember

Nothing has worked.

Hallo,

I am having the same problem. And also another person here (posted yesterday, Jan 5, 2009): http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1027125&p=5400905

I have tried the following tools in an attempt to find and fix the problem:

Ad-Aware 2008 Free
Spybot Search & Destroy
Malwarebytes
SUperAntiSpyware
gmer
combofix
spynomore
spysweeper
mcafee virus scan
...and perhaps even others I don't remember

Nothing has worked.

Yep, I found this thread by google. I have the same junk on mine, updated everything and nothing gets it. I've been scanning my computer steadily for 2 days with many, many programs. Tried all the ones you listed except combofix, don't wanna mess anything up with it.

It's a firefox vunerability as far as I can tell. It doesn't affect IE. I uninstalled Firefox and IE is still running fine as my default browser. Just slow as heck compared to FF lol.

The malware redirects google links to ad2.doubleclicker.net and then another website. Strangely, it only affects the first couple of links. It seems it's a variant of the "goored" or "wdmaudio" exploit, pretty nasty too.

I'm just gonna roll with IE till this thing gets fixed.

download ccleaner and give it ago.

basically id do this

Download ccleaner
run it on registry and pc, clean it, fix the issues , defrag pc, restart go in safe mode, give it another clean and restart back to default

I've tried CCleaner. It's a cool program I discovered while researching this, it doesn't help, though it has made my computer start up alot faster.

are you running the programs while in safe mode?
also try turning off system restore while you do it.
make sure you clear all temporary files and cookies as well.

Back
Top Bottom