Help me please, my computer is messed!

also, it seems that the driver wasn't the problem with my computer freezing on startup, it still happened...maybe i have to wait till i install this ATI driver :S

in case this doesn't work, any tips on how to make sure my computer is completely free of viruses? i have AVG free, not sure if it's good enough though

oh ya, what's that CPU-Z thing do anyways?

k so umm....my computer is basically just completely ********, right when the driver was finishing installing i got a blue screen (i have auto restart turned off) basically telling me the computer had to restart...so now im really considering the option of going back to how my computer was on sunday, and then starting again from there, with more help from you guys hopefully...anyone know how to do that? i have done it before but forget where it is on my computer to do it, it's the thing where it reverts to previous dates, puts the computer to how it was on that day

The CPU-Z gives you stats of your motherboard, CPU, RAM, Clock Speed. It's handy if you don't know what motherboard your running, what CPU you have, etc.

I use free AVG and it has never let a bad thing happen to my PC. But I look after my PC well. Just make sure you update it everytime your on line.

I cant remember how to use the Windows restore. I use a separate backup system. But if after the restore you have the same problem then consider looking at the hardware.

System Restore? Click Start > Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance. Click on the System Restore in the Left hand column.

:)

k well...hmm, i need to find out how to do the restore :'( whatever, i'll probably leave it tomorrow, if anybody knows though please let me know thank you

thank you :)

k, so now i am unable to do diddly squat, i go to open control panel, and before im able to accomplish anything, it keeps going to the blue screen saying if it's the first time, restart computer, if it's happened before, disable drivers, blah blah, thing is i am unable to do any of them because my computer restarts too quickly. like i said, my computer is now royally *****ed

anyhow, im not gonna try anything else on it until the person who installed the video card and ram can come over, unless you guys can give me simple step by step instructions or something, for fear of making things worse than they already are, not to mention there isn't much i CAN do right now

k so im about to try and put in the Win XP cd i have, hopefully i can just reset the computer with it...my friend said something about "personally, it hink you need a knew processor"...im hoping to be able to solve this problem without paying anythign more, my mom just paid about $200 for the video card, it would almost pain me to ask for more any time soon, and i need my computer back fast :'(

Check the CPU heatsink and make sure it's properly seated.

Could you have knocked it or un-seated it slightly when upgrading the Graphics Card & RAM?

Just a thought cause the fault your describing sounds like a CPU thermal problem.

k, i am about to install windows xp, but before I do, I was wondering how I can check the heatsink, cause i have no idea what it even looks like, and I am worried that if i reinstall it, then if the "heatsink" is the problem, then it still won't work...any ideas people? also, if it ISNT the heatsink, than when i start up my computer, will most drivers and such install themselves?

Back
Top Bottom