IRS Collectin Every Cent, Literally

Then don't pay. Nobody in america is obligated to pay taxes. Research it.

Its unavoidable, you cant buy anything other than food without paying sales tax, if you dont pay property tax they will take your house, etc.

if you owe someone money, do you bring up the subject, NO
if someone owes you money, do you bring up the subject, YES

Plus you have to look at it like the scam the guys in OfficeSpace tried to do. Sure to you it's only .05 cents, but now x that by the amount of people who are only owed a couple cents. Now x that by say 10 years, it turns into quite a bit of money.

As for your change, you won't be losing anything but a couple of cents if they don't send it to you.

But the concept of it all is funny.

Plus you have to look at it like the scam the guys in OfficeSpace tried to do. Sure to you it's only .05 cents, but now x that by the amount of people who are only owed a couple cents. Now x that by say 10 years, it turns into quite a bit of money.

As for your change, you won't be losing anything but a couple of cents if they don't send it to you.

But the concept of it all is funny.

its an even bigger waste of money then because it must cost more than 5 cents to send a letter

its an even bigger waste of money then because it must cost more than 5 cents to send a letter

Not necessarily, the USPS has bulk rates for businesses which I am sure for someone like the IRS has a pretty cheap fee for the amount of mail they send out. They pay per pound not per letter I would think.

I like how the IRS can make whatever strange rules and regulations they want and it becomes a felony if you break them. I didn't see those "laws" going through congress.

If the IRS is obliterated by Obama I may actually have some support for his leadership.

P.S. Obama still isn't a word in firefox.

Not necessarily, the USPS has bulk rates for businesses which I am sure for someone like the IRS has a pretty cheap fee for the amount of mail they send out. They pay per pound not per letter I would think.

yes but even so the cost of prodcing a letter couldnt be made less than 5c IMO i mean think about the things that go into making that letter
paper
toner/ink to print it
energy-to produce it
envelope
postage

i honestly thing you are looking at more than 5c per letter and so money is wasted IMO

yes but even so the cost of prodcing a letter couldnt be made less than 5c IMO i mean think about the things that go into making that letter
paper
toner/ink to print it
energy-to produce it
envelope
postage

i honestly thing you are looking at more than 5c per letter and so money is wasted IMO

True.

USPS is run by the government and so is the IRS (obviously) so im assuming its just free.

Anyways does it really matter if it cost 20 cents to mail the letter. The letters are probably automated anyways.

Its unavoidable, you cant buy anything other than food without paying sales tax, if you dont pay property tax they will take your house, etc.

if you owe someone money, do you bring up the subject, NO
if someone owes you money, do you bring up the subject, YES

then you fight it. There is no law that states that you have to pay taxes.

Title 26 of the United States code, Subtitle A, Chapter 1, Subchapter A, part I

There are several common conversational gambits among tax protestors, but the most common is: “What law, specifically, requires us to pay income taxes?” That's as good an introduction as any to the subject. So we can deal with it quickly: the law is Title 26 of the United States code, Subtitle A, Chapter 1, Subchapter A, part I. It starts with “There is hereby imposed on the taxable income … a tax determined in accordance with the following table.”

The Code goes into an excruciating amount of detail about what is taxable, what is not, who must pay, what doesn't count, etc. etc. etc. Many tax protestors will read this over and argue that even though it says what the taxes are, how they're calculated, and the like, it never actually says you have to pay them.

But just try that argument with something outside the tax code. If you're given a fifteen-page description of the duties of a professional mold removing gell salesman, and are offered and accept the salary of a mold removing gell salesman, but then argue that all these duties never specified that you had to perform them (but you'll cash the checks, thank-you-very-much) you wouldn't get too far.

Tax protestors are like the mythical mold removing gell salesman. Even if the tax code is not written so that, for every possible reading, the intended payers are the actual payers, the courts have ruled that, essentially, the document means what its writers meant it to, and grammar be damned you have to pay what the code says you owe.

Back
Top Bottom