Laptop Issue

computerfix101

In Runtime
I have a Laptp that the monitor doesnt show the picture with brightness.. like the lights to show the screen is not functioning. You can see the picture if u look into it hard enough but I think one of the lights inside the LCD are broken because the brightness level doesnt help.

Sounds like your screen is going out. Did you try to plug it into a monitor to rule out the graphics card?

If it is the screen your probably better off getting a new laptop depending on the age of the computer. Unless it is still under warranty.

No dude this compuiter was an old computer given to me by my friend. I used a CRT monitor on it and worked perfectly but i think the monitor is dead and the whole laptop needs to visit the trash. what do u think?

Take it apart and look around before you trash it.
Even it you don't see any wrong, it would still be fun :)

If I am not mistaken, there is a backlight component of an LCD and it is the most common component of an LCD to fail over time. Sounds like the issue you are having, and it wouldn't be cost effective to try and get it replaced.

You could, just for your own knowlege try and fix it yourself if you are into that kind of thing.

Ive tried everything and i cant seem to fix it. Im going to open up the actual screen and see what is inside and mess around with it but until then what components would i be wanting to take out before considering to trash it?

Like RAM, Etc

You could take out the hard drive and turn it into an external, unless it is small then it wouldn't be worth it.

What I would do is take everything apart and see how it all works. Take apart the hard drive, to see the inner workings and how everything works etc... But if you have no interest in computers maybe give it to someone who does or trash it. But if you trash it make sure you do it properly, at an approved dump site.

I took apart the Screen and I found that the internal Lightbulb that was defective.. but i might go ahead and take the hardrive and battery... the battery doesnt hold charge so it wouldnt do me any good.anything i can do with the rest of the stuff

Back
Top Bottom