Israeli troops, tanks enter Gaza

I think if there is a WWIII. There won't be just 2 teams (eg Axis and Allies) I think there would be like 4 alliances in the world. I'm not sure but maybe Greece would go with Serbia, Armenia, Russia, maybe France. That's if they turn down NATO, but I highly doubt it.
Europe Owns :D..well, most..

Try looking at the power houses of the world

Most likely U.S + western Europe vs China + Russia + eastern Europe

Pretty much like its always been

Soon as the USA master there laser defense program to deter ICBM's were going to take over the world, start counting days down. Start at 1000 and work your way down til your obesity levels start to rise

usa has got no chance of taking over the world period in fact i would go as far as to say your not even the biggest superpower in the world anymore

The U.S has enough firepower to turn the middle east into a piece of glass.

There is no other air force in the world that even compares to the US
The same could pretty much be said about the U.S Navy
US has the some of the most technological advaced pieces of equipment in the world today

US wouldn't take over the word cuz its not their style
looking at history they have moved from imperialism and just tried to be keeper of the peace, i.e WWII, Vietnam, Gulf War, Iraq

The U.S has enough firepower to turn the middle east into a piece of glass.

There is no other air force in the world that even compares to the US
The same could pretty much be said about the U.S Navy
US has the some of the most technological advaced pieces of equipment in the world today

US wouldn't take over the word cuz its not their style
looking at history they have moved from imperialism and just tried to be keeper of the peace, i.e WWII, Vietnam, Gulf War, Iraq

do you also have enough firepower to turn china and russia into a piece of glass at the same time

why is there no air force that can compare to the US air force what so special about the usaf and navy ??

and how is going to war with iraq twice both now and the gulf war keeping the peace ,

USA wouldnt take over the world because they physically couldnt

but anyway this is a thread for discussing the middle east in particular isreal and palestine if you would like to discuss why i dont think the US is a superpower or could take over the world please make a new thread

usa has got no chance of taking over the world period in fact i would go as far as to say your not even the biggest superpower in the world anymore

1. I was joking
2. Every military expert would say we are the lone superpower
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/spending.htm
We spend more than the entire world combined in defense. We are by far the biggest contributer to NATO operations and peace keeping missions.
3. Than who is the biggest? China\Russia have quite a ways to catch up in their air forces, and there MBT is aging aswell and are going without upgrades. Their soldiers are not as well trained either in my mind, as well as others.

Also our military is all volunteers, which makes them WAYY more willing to fight than draftees. ;)

do you also have enough firepower to turn china and russia into a piece of glass at the same time

why is there no air force that can compare to the US air force what so special about the usaf and navy ??

and how is going to war with iraq twice both now and the gulf war keeping the peace ,

USA wouldnt take over the world because they physically couldnt

Obviously we cant, no one has ever, so i doubt it ever will happen, or could happen. The world is just too big.

We've had stealth aircraft for almost 30 years, the rest of NATO is getting them on borrowed US technology. Almost every new piece of war technology coming out of NATO countries has US ties or is entirely US based.

Ill admit i have a very biased opinion but i have a lot of facts to back myself up

and how is going to war with iraq twice both now and the gulf war keeping the peace

in response to the first Iraqi war with Kuwait:
US is sorta following the ideals of the Monroe Doctrine, where they will protect another country from the the domination of a greater more powerful one

Remember when people didn't try to stop a country from taking over other countries?? I believe it was called WWII and Germany???

In response to the second current iraq war, read up on the reign of Saddam Hussein and how he rose to power through terror and killing innocent people.

Also, I think war has come to an age where soldiers are not going to be the deciding factor. China and Russia can have a combined force 10x the size of US army, but that will not matter.

US is sorta following the ideals of the Monroe Doctrine, where they will protect another country from the the domination of a greater more powerful one

Remember when people didn't try to stop a country from taking over other countries?? I believe it was called WWII and Germany???

In response to the second current iraq war, read up on the reign of Saddam Hussein and how he rose to power through terror and killing innocent people.

Wtf are you talking about. there were 8 divisons of english troops in France when germany invaded. France and England decalred war on Germany 3-4 days after they invaded Poland.

Both of the wars were world wars because other countries stood up for others.

Hmm.. Think back earlier before that

Ethiopia when Italy took it
Or Czechoslovakia or Austria when German took it
Or Manchuria when Japan took it

France and Germany didn't even declare war until Poland was taken
their mindset was "lets avoid war at all costs so we'll just give them whatever they want"

US is sorta following the ideals of the Monroe Doctrine, where they will protect another country from the the domination of a greater more powerful one.

I'm not even American and I know that's not the Monroe Doctrine. According to my AP US History course, the Monroe Doctrine was all about keeping European powers outside of a rebelled America, and by America I don't mean the United States, I mean the entire continent.

Whoever said that the US moved from a imperialistic to peace mindset is completely wrong. Ever since after the war of 1812, the United States has tried to remain neutral. It wasn't until 1914 in the first World War that the United States began to intervene in world affairs. Ever since, it hasn't stopped.

The situation in the Middle East won't lead to a third World War. If it did explode into a bigger I thing, it would be smart for the US to not join. A second war is the last thing this economy needs.

As far as being a world superpower, the US used to, it's not anymore. The likes of Russia, China, and India are right there to match the US. Today's dominance is not about how many atomic war heads you have, it's about how strong your economy is and about how technologically advanced you are. If there is a next atomic war you can give the world a bye-bye.

Back
Top Bottom