Religon Stuff

NetBooger:

Nowhere in the bible does it say the Earth is 6k years old, matter of fact..it states it is billions of years old. Read the first verse of the bible, it says "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth." note that period on the end, the next verse usually reads something similar to "the Earth was void and without form" but in the original text it reads "the Earth was made void". There are other places that reference to an age before ours.

Sorry I know it doesn't make a direct reference but according to the genealogies does it not add up to roughly 6000 years?

Example of what I mean:

It gives the genealogy of Abraham all the way back to Adam to within 1 year.
Then we look at recorded history to see when Abraham lived. The only discrepancy is from Abraham up to today. There is dispute as to the date of his actual birth by as much as nearly 300 years by some scholars. Most think Abraham was born around 2000 b.c.
If you add todays date 2008 + 2000 (b.c.) + 2215 (the total time in the genealogy) you get 6223 years.

netBooger has some good questions here. I'm looking forward to these answers...

I'm not really anything.

I'm only 15, and I'm forced to go to church but i dont like it.

i was raised in catholic schools...and they tried to corrupt me...and i didnt buy into their bullshit.

so yeah im just me...i believe in a god...but thats about it.

The point being, many people don't know that Catholics are Christian, as demonstrated by 63083's question.

Yeah, I hate people who only know about their own religion. I espically hated a book a just read about a christian (well just a single sentence, book was awesome). While a SEAL in Afganastain was being taken in by a village whom's children would teach him Islamic prayers, to them the SEAL was just like another other Muslim. All you have to do to become a Muslim is simply start following the five pillars. Anyways he would always say that he would "make another prayer to my god", and if any of you dont know Muslims\Christians\Jews\Catholics all worship the exact same god.

You know, Muslim is much more popular than Christianty. By about 50% larger.

1. its Islam
2. Not its not

Sorry I know it doesn't make a direct reference but according to the genealogies does it not add up to roughly 6000 years?

Example of what I mean:

It gives the genealogy of Abraham all the way back to Adam to within 1 year.
Then we look at recorded history to see when Abraham lived. The only discrepancy is from Abraham up to today. There is dispute as to the date of his actual birth by as much as nearly 300 years by some scholars. Most think Abraham was born around 2000 b.c.
If you add todays date 2008 + 2000 (b.c.) + 2215 (the total time in the genealogy) you get 6223 years.

The bible never says there wasnt a time before that i do not think however. Just because a history book only covers one century, doesnt mean there wasnt a time before that.

As for evolution and religion, both theories can coincide. God created eveything, including humans. Expect when he created us we were in a more primitive form, and have since evolved. I do not think the bible accurately describes what we looked like when were "made". Keep in mind ive never read it though, not even a little bit.

Also guys, the bible has been translated 4-7 times at least before being written in english. So much information can be lost in translation (specially the way its written) that many things could have been translated incorrectly or at least interpreted differently. ;)

okay, im going to put it to you this way, what is love? having alot of care right? well God could of had made everyone strait brainwashed to love him, but is that TRUE love? no its not, he wants people to truly have love for him, when they love him and follow what he say's he'll let you have eternal life in heaven. if you choose to ignore him you'll perish for eternity in hell, simply put.

But most people who don't believe wont believe in hell either and so that fear wont be there for them

Fanatic4Christ said:
okay, im going to put it to you this way, what is love? having alot of care right? well God could of had made everyone strait brainwashed to love him, but is that TRUE love? no its not, he wants people to truly have love for him, when they love him and follow what he say's he'll let you have eternal life in heaven. if you choose to ignore him you'll perish for eternity in hell, simply put.

If you perish in Hell you will cease to exist, and if you cease to exist than you cant suffer.

My theory is that the bible and possible other holy books was written by a national government before 1000 B.C. for the sole purpose of starting a new religion. This religion would basically become law in a lot of countries, to reduce crime and increase obedience to the government by inducing fear of divine rule.

Nowadays religion and state are seperated, and as a result the number of "non believers" has increased dramatically

My theory is that the bible and possible other holy books was written by a national government before 1000 B.C. for the sole purpose of starting a new religion. This religion would basically become law in a lot of countries, to reduce crime and increase obedience to the government by inducing fear of divine rule.

the 2 major world religions Islam and Christianity and judaism are all abrahamic relgions ie they are all sourced from abraham the difference is that Islam follows the live of Ishmael one of abrahams sons and Christianity follows the live of issac abrahams other son

Christianity actually began life as a sect of Judaism what we now know to be the Mediterranean which is why there is a number of similarities between jews and christians

the 2 major world religions Islam and Christianity and judaism are all abrahamic relgions ie they are all sourced from abraham the difference is that Islam follows the live of Ishmael one of abrahams sons and Christianity follows the live of issac abrahams other son

Christianity actually began life as a sect of Judaism what we now know to be the Mediterranean which is why there is a number of similarities between jews and christians

But there were religions older than that. Ancient civilizations such as the Greeks had Greek Polytheism. The believe of Greek gods, unpopular today though.

of the major world religons now hinduism is thought to be the oldest being formed about 2000bc

Back
Top Bottom