Israeli troops, tanks enter Gaza

I don't think that will be the case this time. With globalization there will be no need for war. The crisis will solve itself through trade.

I don't think that will be the case this time. With globalization there will be no need for war. The crisis will solve itself through trade.

Trade cant really increase much right now, seeing as production is going down so there is less to trade. Im not an econimist, but with world tensions as is, an excuse for a war for the likes of Israel, India, Pakistan, etc is too good to pass IMHO for them

I sure as hell hope this does not turn into WWIII. If it does though, I will be happy because I will die quickly and not have to suffer through the rest of it and be in heaven with my girl friend.

After watching events unfold every hour. I would not be suprised if another country goes to help out the weakest of the two (Palestine). Once that happens how far will people go to win a war.... Remember the cold war?

What I would like to know is if the atomic gurus took the doomsday clock out of the closet and started it back up. :confused:

Maybe they should upgrade to a digital clock :D

read this interesting article the other day by a British journalist tony parsons
Everyone says that Israel and Hamas should sit down and talk to each other but it is difficult to know what they would talk about.

Hamas believes Israel should not exist. Israel wants to crush Hamas. Beyond a brief break in the slaughter, that doesn't leave a lot of room for negotiation.

Gaza reveals the true nature of modern terror, and modern warfare. It is dirty, one-sided and apparently without end.

Like all terrorists, the men firing rockets into Israel hide in the shadows, unleashing their crude but murderous weapons.

And like all the victims of terror, Israel reacts like a blind and enraged giant, lashing out with all of its military might.

And it is the innocents on both sides who pay the terrible price, while the mutual hatred grows, and a future generation of terrorists wait to be born.

I get sick of well-meaning platitudes from the UN and the EU and that Middle East peace guru, Tony Blair. The world is not a John and Yoko song. War is not over, even if we want it to be.

And if your child had just been blown to pieces, you would not want it to be over.

As I write, the news is reporting the funeral of two Palestinian sisters, aged 10 and 12.

Did those girls fire rockets at Israel? Of course not. And if they were my daughters, I wouldn't care about the thoughts of Tony Blair. I would just want revenge. And I would want it for the rest of my life.

And there are children in Israel who are innocent victims of terror. Why are dead Jewish children always so easily overlooked?

The protesters from Kensington to Cairo are acting as though Hamas has been dropping Red Cross parcels on Israel, not home-made bombs.

You may argue the response of Israel to the rockets of Hamas is disproportionate to the damage done, like the RAF bombing Belfast because of a series of IRA atrocities.

But isn't it easy to be rational when it is not your family that the bombs are landing on? Isn't it simple to mouth give-peace-a-chance platitudes when it is someone else's children who are being buried?

Israel is losing the propaganda war. The Israeli public shows no sign of caring. And if rockets were dropping on my home, then I wouldn't care either.

The TV images are horrible. Gaza is starting to resemble a bombed orphanage. When you see a crying child who has just been robbed of its parents, or its brothers and sisters, or its limbs, then it is easy to believe that all the evil is on the other side.

It is not. There are innocent victims in Israel, too, and I wonder how those self-righteous protesters feel about them. Or doesn't an Israeli child matter as much as a Palestinian child?

The truth is that people don't care much about children on the other side in wartime.

I imagine there were weeping children in Dresden and Hiroshima in the Second World War. I imagine babies were missing limbs and parents in Nagasaki and Cologne. Did we care? No, we didn't.

And we didn't think that those weeping children made our cause any less noble. That is war.

What is unique in our time is that it is almost exclusively the innocents who suffer. Israel may have massed its army on the border of Gaza but their politicians are reluctant to commit ground troops and sustain casualties.

There is, after all, an election coming up in Israel. And that is the real tragedy of Palestine, and the tragedy of Israel, too.

They are locked in a filthy little war without end, where the children will die while the soldiers live to kill another day.

Muz, nice find, interesting article, can you please tell us the link of the source?

I believe Israel and the middle east has been going at it for like what: 50 something years already, well since the inception of Israel.

So yea, WWIII is not going to breakout cuz of this. Its such an ancient fight dating back hundreds of years.

I think if there is a WWIII. There won't be just 2 teams (eg Axis and Allies) I think there would be like 4 alliances in the world. I'm not sure but maybe Greece would go with Serbia, Armenia, Russia, maybe France. That's if they turn down NATO, but I highly doubt it.
Europe Owns :D..well, most..

Back
Top Bottom