Train with military equipment headed north????

Fully Optimized
Hey there everybody. We were selling our left over gun ammo today and on our way home we saw that the train going to Wyoming that usually carries coal was carrying a shit load of of hummers and various large military trucks and well as a few tanks along the way. I just wanted your guys opinions on what this whole thing is about.

Simple enough, They are moving them out of the manufacturing plants to be distributed to various locations as needed.

movie shoot? lol

maybe the company that's contracted to build that stuff is in that town and they're sending the newly built stuff to a military base

Well, I can see the railroad from my house and I go fishing at a lake where it passes by regularly and never in the 6 years that I have been living in this house has there been ANYTHING remotely like this. I think's it's interesting. Plus why the hell why they have tanks onboard?

It's very possible we could've sold some military equipment to Canada. With our current situation, that wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Maybe a military base shut down and they are relocating the assets. Maybe the Armor battalion is just relocating bases.

When in the last six years have we been at war where we need to replace a lot of military equipment?

There are lots of possibilities.

I am in the military and I know they do a lot of pointless things. I am also from Colorado so I know that Ft Carson has a huge Army base and is home to the 4th ID and an Armored division as well.

Not too mention I wouldn't be surprised if the Army splurged on things like more tanks and what not knowing that their budget is going to get cut when Obama takes office.

I am in the military and I know they do a lot of pointless things. I am also from Colorado so I know that Ft Carson has a huge Army base and is home to the 4th ID and an Armored division as well.

Not too mention I wouldn't be surprised if the Army splurged on things like more tanks and what not knowing that their budget is going to get cut when Obama takes office.

The last thing that would be taken out of the military budget would be vehicles and equipment for soldiers. What is going to take a hit is military research. The fast evolution of equipment that is going will start to slow down a bit because no one in the world can really afford to research bigger and better items right now. Nor do many countries feel the need to, it seems like as long as your part of the UN and friendly enough, the US will make a base in your backyard :p

As for the train, you cant just drive the new stuff from the plants to the bases. Specially bigger items like tanks (although i have seen some M1's going along I82 up here), train is just the fastest\cheapest way.

Back
Top Bottom