DX10 in XP?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I was reading a thread somewhere, i cant tell you where because i dont think its allowed to post that site here. But i found one that said you can use DX10 in XP.
Now, most of the time gamers went to Vista was to use DX10, like myself.

So the thread show the "Readme.txt" and it said this
DirectX10 поставляется по принципу "As Is". Никаких гарантий не дается и не предполагается. Вы используете это программное обеспечение на свой риск. Автор не будет отвечать, ни за какие потери данных в процессе использования этого программного обеспечения.

Yes, its Russian according to them, but here are some screens.

dxdiag.jpg

dx10.jpg

and on the thread, somebody tried it

Before

before.jpg

After

after.jpg

Of course they can be photoshopped...

Now, my question is...
Does this actually work? in games, softwares, etc, like it actually does work like the DX10 in Vista.
Is it worth it?

It really doesn't work. Yes, you can install some elements of DX10, alowing you to run some DX10 games, but you don't get any of the eye candy that it's known for.

It's really not worth the time.

Interesting, but like AR said, you would probably install elements of it to run some games but you won't get the whole DX10 benefits.

I think hackers will find a way to get it fully on XP though, hackers always find a way.

Thanks for the share Teny!

i was thinking of installing it onto my computer.

Is there any way to tell if i am able to tell how many of the Vista's DX10 i am using?

Nope. As I said earlier, it only "fools" DX10 games into thinking they are running under the DX10 API. You really wont see any benefits visually or performance wise.

Windows Vista's DirectX 10 on Windows XP
Full DX10 support requires Vista. There is no such thing as a free lunch
Phil Taylor, Senior Program Manager of the Flight Sim team at Microsoft says that projects such as the FallingLeafSystems have no chance whatsoever to make DirectX 10 work without DirectX 10 hardware. "FallingLeafSystems is claiming to enable DX10 on XP, and further, to quote the AlkyProject blog "No longer will you have to upgrade your OS and video card(s) to play the latest games." Can they make that work? Not at all. The FallingLeafSystems approach is to write a wrapper around the OpenGL extensions for DX10 class hardware that are already available on XP. And to claim this can work without proper hardware. That by itself means this isn't some monumental hack. No reverse engineering of DX10 is involved. What is involved is eyeballing the D3D10 API and mapping those calls to their OGL equivalent," Taylor commented.
As a conclusion Taylor revealed his circumspection over if backporting DirectX 10 to XP would work at all. Instead he said "full DX10 support requires Vista. There is no such thing as a free lunch."

ah, okay.

I heard that Windows 7 is going to have DX11. Now thats great and all, im up for improved graphics. But i have one question, Does That mean i have to buy a new graphics card? I dont think thats right to do. They said its based on DX10 with just a few added things.

Back
Top Bottom