Religon Stuff

question for that christ guy that was arguing with me:

Do you seriously believe that dinosaurs came AFTER people and that people were he first creatures on the earth? Do you not believe in evolution?
Dinosaurs roamed at the same time as man. Animals were created first in the 7 day process of creating the earth. Man being last in the list of things created. We don't know how long the 7 days really took as there wasn't really a time table set. It could very well have been a week between each "day", or a year, or it could have been an actual day as we know it, and the 7 days of creation a full week as we know it. We don't know. Using this info, animals (and dinos) may have been roaming the earth only a day more than man, or a year...etc. But dinos are in the Bible. Can't find a reference right now, but they were called monsters or dragons that had plates of iron and spikes out of their tails and stuff like that. I read it before straight out of the Bible. People went and tried to kill them because they were killing off their sheep or whatever probably. But they did roam at the same time as humans. Dinos were created before humans and roamed with humans, they just didn't get the name "Dinosaur" until later when they were already extinct.

I don't agree on this. Catholicism is branched off of Christianity, but they turned it into their own religion basically. What they believe is not the same as what a Christian believes. Denominations are just for different worship practices more or less. Non-denominational is more laid back worship. Baptist I think has more formalities to it, or may have different types of designs in the church buildings or whatever. Catholicism is not a denomination, it's a separate religion as they believe different things. A Catholic is a Catholic, a Christian is a Christian...

well, that's just like saying a Jehovah witness is not a christian, there Christians, just a different form of it, catholic is a form of it. Christian's are just any religion that believe that Jesus died on the cross for us. Catholic's, even though have different views, believe this..

Ok, I am going to ask some questions that I ask every religious person I know in hopes to learn something.

Here are some science questions I have.

Does the bible not say that the earth is flat and immovable, that the moon emits it's own light, the sky is solid, and the stars can be shaken from the sky by earhquakes?

I haven't read the bible so I don't know the answer but I have read scientific articles stating that the bible states these ideas. If it does, it is obviously wrong, so do you not think that it could be wrong about other ideas as well?

I agree with you.

I mean...if God loves everyone, why is there a hell?
Does the bible mention anything about evolution?
Why is Christianity more popular than the other hundred religions out there?

I mean, I'm more close to Agnostic...

okay, im going to put it to you this way, what is love? having alot of care right? well God could of had made everyone strait brainwashed to love him, but is that TRUE love? no its not, he wants people to truly have love for him, when they love him and follow what he say's he'll let you have eternal life in heaven. if you choose to ignore him you'll perish for eternity in hell, simply put.

okay, im going to put it to you this way, what is love? having alot of care right? well God could of had made everyone strait brainwashed to love him, but is that TRUE love? no its not, he wants people to truly have love for him, when they love him and follow what he say's he'll let you have eternal life in heaven. if you choose to ignore him you'll perish for eternity in hell, simply put.

True love is also loving someone for who they truly are, so in essence God should love everyone if it is based on TRUE love, no?

Does the bible not say that the earth is flat and immovable, that the moon emits it's own light, the sky is solid, and the stars can be shaken from the sky by earhquakes?

As far as I know, the flatness of the earth is not explicitly taught in the Bible. From the early beginnings of Christian theology, it was believed that the earth was round.

well, that's just like saying a Jehovah witness is not a christian, there Christians, just a different form of it, catholic is a form of it. Christian's are just any religion that believe that Jesus died on the cross for us. Catholic's, even though have different views, believe this..
And I will say, a Jehovah's Witness is not a Christian... While they may have branched off Christianity, it's no longer Christian as they turned it into their own thing as Catholics also did... Yes, they both did branch off Christianity, I won't deny that, but I don't believe they are Christians anymore because they have turned it all around and put in their own beliefs... A Christian believes that by accepting God's free gift of salvation and having faith in Him, you will get to heaven. Where do Jehovah's Witnesses or Catholics believe that? Jehovah's don't even believe in a hell, so what's there to worry about not getting into heaven for them right?

True love is also loving someone for who they truly are, so in essence God should love everyone if it is based on TRUE love, no?
God loves everyone despite their sins and wants everyone to be with Him in heaven. But you can't get to heaven unless you truly believe.

Back
Top Bottom