AVG free Anti-virus

PokerDegenerate

Daemon Poster
I am currently running AVG free anti-virus software on my computer and was wondering how effective this is for discovering and removing virus'. Is it really worth buying a different anti-virus program and paying yearly fee's, or is there another free program that works better, or is AVG good enough as long as I am safe and don't download any unknown files to my computer or open any crap from email that may let a virus into my system. I have been running this for a long time and haven't had any problems or anything jeopardize my system but I am now getting more into computers and am going to be doing my first build and getting into programming and don't want my new build being susceptible to virus'... Any opinions will be great.... THANKS!!!!!

:D

AVG is actually pretty good and you will be fine sticking with it. Just keep it updated and you shouldn't have much to worry about.

Wow that has got to be the quickest response in the history of the WORLD...LOL...Yeah I get auto updates and have a scheduled scan set up daily and wanted opinions on the overall quality of the software... Thanks for the quick response...

people who pay for antiviruses are a bit foolish really, unless they have money to blow. the free stuff is fine. i like avg, along with nod32 :)

Cool thanks... So far that's 2 yays and 0 nays....LOL...Like I said I'm currently using AVG free and haven't had any problems with it at all and I didn't think my computer was unsafe, just trying to see if most other people agree that it is ok to continue using it once I build my new computer...Keep the feedback coming....Also is there anyone here that has any other recommendations for other free anti-virus programs out there that are better....Also has anyone had a bad experience with any that definitely should be avoided once I build my new computer?

:D

I use Free AVG too and thats after using McAfee for a while and getting a hit, Norton was just unnecessarily hard on the computer and eventually corrupted my OS and PC guard just seemed unjust.

So I went back to trusty Free AVG.

Also it helps to employ good PC up keeping.

I personally prefer Avast!, but AVG is fine. No need to pay for an AV. Just stick with the freebies like Avast, AVG etc

Just keep it updated, but just because you have an anti virus doesn't mean your %100 protected from a virus. But it minimizes the chances and helps you A LOT.

EDIT: McAfee is also good, I've tried Norton, I use to pay for it, had it for 2 years and it wasn't worth it, terrible IMO.

Just watch what you do on the internet and hardly any protection is needed at all :]

Nothing's better than a smart user

Back
Top Bottom