Religon Stuff

How does it make me sounds silly?

living life by a book of fiction.

thats just like if you were to live life by the lord of the rings books...hell, lets go look for that ring right now. We know its somewhere. Should we start digging to the middle of the earth? YES! Lets go guys, i'll meet you at middle earth tomorrow. OMG IS THAT A FIREBREATHING DRAGON! SURE IS! THE BOOK SAYS IT IS. I MUST OBEY WHATEVER IT SAYS!!

So living a good life as suggested by the bible sounds silly? That's a pretty closed minded view IMO.

If it makes him feel good about his life and he's happy, why put him, or anyone else down for that?

Born and Raised somewat hardcore Cristian

now im agnostic and i absolutly hate any religion.

replace atheist with agnostic, and that how i feel as well 100 percent

I agree with you.

I mean...if God loves everyone, why is there a hell?
Does the bible mention anything about evolution?
Why is Christianity more popular than the other hundred religions out there?

I mean, I'm more close to Agnostic...

@OP,
I'm not quite understanding why you call yourself a Christian if you really don't believe any of it... You can do "good" things and be an atheist and you might as well with what I understand you to believe by what you are posting... A lot of people do "good" things but it won't get them to heaven.

I'm a Christian, but I don't agree with much of the doctrine that's taught, alot of it is unbiblical (The Rapture, Adam and Eve being the first people, what really happened in the Garden etc).
Everything in that list is Biblical... Adam was the first man on earth (Genesis 2:4-6), God wanted him to have a mate, so he made Eve as the first woman (Genesis 2:20b-22)...dunno how it's unbiblical when it's right there in the Bible... Guess you never read through the first few chapters of Genesis or something, what happened in the garden is right in the Bible (Genesis 1-3)... It may not be what you were taught, as I dunno what that was, but I was taught exactly what was in the Bible... As for the Rapture, true, it's not called the "rapture" in the Bible, but there are references as to what the rapture is (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17), people just made a name up for it I guess so when talking about it, it's easier to understand. But the happening of the rapture is definitely in the Bible, just not called "rapture." Maybe you've been reading the wrong Bible?

=\ and u cant ask if a catholic is a christian, thats just like saying is a big screen tv, a tv? is a computer, a pc? lol christian is any religion that believes jesus died on the cross for you, putting catholics in that category =\
I don't agree on this. Catholicism is branched off of Christianity, but they turned it into their own religion basically. What they believe is not the same as what a Christian believes. Denominations are just for different worship practices more or less. Non-denominational is more laid back worship. Baptist I think has more formalities to it, or may have different types of designs in the church buildings or whatever. Catholicism is not a denomination, it's a separate religion as they believe different things. A Catholic is a Catholic, a Christian is a Christian...

I agree with you.

I mean...if God loves everyone, why is there a hell?
Does the bible mention anything about evolution?
Why is Christianity more popular than the other hundred religions out there?

I mean, I'm more close to Agnostic...

You know, Muslim is much more popular than Christianty. By about 50% larger.

I was born, raised, and educated from grade K-12 as a Roman Catholic. With that being said, I'm Agnostic.:p I think the world would be a better place without religion. If anything, Eastern religions like Buddhism, Confucianism, Shiekism, Hinduism have the right idea about how to live your life. I look down on anyone who leads their life through blind faith in anything and that includes the existence of a god or gods. If one doesn't question the answers they are given then they are just as ignorant as the ones who give them the answers. I'm not trying to offend anyone with my comments. As an American I believe in the inalienable Bill of Rights and that includes being able to choose whom and what to worship...even if it is the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I myself am atheist as well. I feel as the other atheist/agnostic members do. My personal feeling is, I tend to side with things that can be proven, and if not proven then can be put to some sort of scientific reasoning.

For instance I thing that the Big Bang Theory and evolution is a lot more plausible than what the bible tells.

As an American I believe in the inalienable Bill of Rights and that includes being able to choose whom and what to worship...even if it is the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

My friend always uses that term.

question for that christ guy that was arguing with me:

Do you seriously believe that dinosaurs came AFTER people and that people were he first creatures on the earth? Do you not believe in evolution?

question for that christ guy that was arguing with me:

Do you seriously believe that dinosaurs came AFTER people and that people were he first creatures on the earth? Do you not believe in evolution?

Maybe there's something we don't know yet, that's confusing all of us.

Back
Top Bottom