Car Thread!

Today was pretty exciting for me! Added coil spacers, so now the truck sits even. I will post before and after pics tommorrow. I have to align in still, the DIY alignment will do. It just pulls slightly to the right now. It was a full day project though! Fun stuff!

Seemed simple... jack it up by the frame, disconnect the front sway bar, remove coil spring, remove shocks, and put in the spacer. Then install a 2* offset bushing, and put it all back togethor and align. Well, the sway bar was easy, the shocks... One of the studs sheared right off... So we had to go to Menards and get a 4" grinder, and Napa to get a new lower shock mount. Then we fixed that. Next, we had to get the 1 1/8" nut holding the shock on... 13 years of rust held that one fairly well. Plus it took two extensions to get to the nut from the top of the coil spring, and a 4' cheater bar to get the damn thing to budge. Took 30 minutes on each side. And this is after soaking in liquid wrench for 2 hours. The thing took so much force and friction, the liquid wrench and socket were smoking a little by the time I got it off!!
From there on, we had to make a home made coil compressor thing, haha. I'll post pics of that tommorrow too. Finally we got the spacers on, and the camber bushings in, the shocks were barelly long enough too. Now it's all back togethor and we took it for a little test spin. Was a fun project.

milnerscoupeqc4.jpg

Is that yours Atomic Rooster?

I'm installing my UDP tonight, I'm excited, sort of.

Underdrive pulley. It replaces the crank pulley with a lighter one that spins the accessories at a lower speed, freeing up some horsepower and giving better throttler response. The stock pulley is being a b**** and won't come off, so my car is sitting on a jack overnight.

Edit: Only a V8? All R8's are V8's.

Underdrive pulley. It replaces the crank pulley with a lighter one that spins the accessories at a lower speed, freeing up some horsepower and giving better throttler response. The stock pulley is being a b**** and won't come off, so my car is sitting on a jack overnight.

Edit: Only a V8? All R8's are V8's.

Ahhh...yeah I know how underdrive pulleys work. Nice...

Yeah, all Audi R8's are the same V8 FSI direct injection engines that are in the RS4's. I think next year they're introducing the V10 FSI engine variant of the R8. Can't wait for that. :D

no their is a v12 version to its what the guy at audi said

That was the diesel 6.0-litre V12 TDI R8 LeMans concept car. It was never put into production.

The latest version they introduced was the 5.2-litre V10 FSI powered version of the R8 with 518hp and 391 lb/ft of torque.

That was the diesel 6.0-litre V12 TDI R8 LeMans concept car. It was never put into production.

The latest version they introduced was the 5.2-litre V10 FSI powered version of the R8 with 518hp and 391 lb/ft of torque.

*dreams*

lol.. i got overtaken by one of those the other day.. was sitting on the motorway at 90, and this thing just blew past me.. lol.. properly quick cars..

looks like im a step closer to getting the mazda2 i posted about before, took one out for a test drive on saturday, and its a nice little car to drive :) just gotta sort out the annoying money bits, and i will hopefully have a shiny new car in a few weeks :)

Back
Top Bottom