Stuck at Bios

Just a refresher on the origins of this problem from his other thread:
Last night i came home and turned my computer on then BAM, it immediately went into the BIOS, and near the bottom of the screen it said
"SLI-Ready Memory- Not Detected", I was a little shocked because i have never seen this before, i could not get pass the bios either. I did some research and discovered this is a memory/RAM problem, but i found no way as to solving it. I reset the CMOS and tried booting the computer with 1 stick of ram in various slots. Also, i could not touch the memory options in the bios because it says it is not detected.
System specs:
Mobo: EVGA nForce 780i
RAM: TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX http://corsair.com/products/xms2dhx/default.aspx
CPU: Intel Q6600
Video Card: Evga 8800 GT
PSU: Thermal make 600w
The memory problem was solved.

Are you using IDE Hardrives or SATA Hardrives?

If you are using IDE Hardrives and you have the jumpers conflicting (Say you have a Hardrive and a CD Drive on the same IDE Channel both set to master,It will freeze at the bios).

Using Sata drives

Nah, don't toss it off a bridge. Beat it with a baseball bat. It would feel more satisfying. :D

Did you enter the BIOS and enable the failsafe settings, then save and exit?

Not too sure what the fail safe settings are

Nah, don't toss it off a bridge. Beat it with a baseball bat. It would feel more satisfying. :D

Did you enter the BIOS and enable the failsafe settings, then save and exit?

Not too sure what the fail safe settings are

When you first enter the BIOS setup, on the main menu, there should be some options in the right hand column such as Load Fail-Safe Defaults and Load Optimized Defaults. Select one, push the Enter key and then press Y, Press F10 to save and exit.

hmm my other one is only 300W im not sure if thats even enough to bout the computer, ill have to check in with you guys tomorrow to see if it will work

Is it possible to try a different power supply?

well turns out my other power supply is so old, it doesnt have the proper cpu plug

/bump

decided im going to RMA the board :(

Yeah i think it may be something wrong with the motherboard OR PSU,I Had a similar problem with an Asus motherboard that refused to go past the BIOS - I Changed the PSU And It worked no problems.

Back
Top Bottom