Stuck at Bios

xtqxx

Baseband Member
I'm currently stuck at my Bios everytime i boot my computer, this only started occuring last night. I have replaced the ram
Motherboard: EVGA nForce 780i
CPU: Intel Q6600
I have no idea what could be causing this problem.
Thanks in advance :D

What happens when you push ESC? Does it boot when you select your HDD?

After you exit the BIOS setup, does it go back to the post screen or boot into Windows?

What happens when you push ESC? Does it boot when you select your HDD?

After you exit the BIOS setup, does it go back to the post screen or boot into Windows?

After i press ESC it goes into the bios

When i exit the set up it reboots

i guess hitting escape causes no response........

Weird. This just started up out of the blue?

Hmm. .
Do you have another drive you can try? I know I said earlier it would tell you the dirve wasn't found, but it could be that the drive has a mechanical problem as it still being detected by the BIOS, but unable to function properly.

Just tried another drive, does the exact same thing as the other.....This is by far the strangest thing that has ever happened to my computer. I put the computer in standby last night then went out for 2 1/2 hours

Yea, I'm stumped. . .

How's the CPU HSF? Is the fan spinning properly?

Any settings in the BIOS regarding standby or any similar options?

Don't mind me, just tossing ideas against the wall

The CPU fan is spinning full blast, and the standby option is in S3 mode

I noticed that when i boot into the bios, the Time, Date, Harddisk appears to be flickering
also there seems to be a little ticking sounds when i boot into the bost, only lasts for about 2 seconds, and doesnt seem to be coming from the hard drive

Read this while doing a search:
Start the computer again, and keep hitting TAB
Then, instead of the bios splat screen, you'll see the POST screen, so you can actually see where it gets stuck...
And tell us where it gets stuck...

I noticed that when i boot into the bios, the Time, Date, Harddisk appears to be flickering
Power supply maybe?

Back
Top Bottom