Building a Computer

Actually not a great deal on mobo and cpu.

Its only $10 discount. The shipping alone is like $10.
Its the same price if you bought them seperately cuz the processor is free shipping.

I say get a better mobo and upgrade the gpu and drop the 8gigs get the 1.5rb hdd and get a better power supply as others have said.

Also you might as well spend some more for a wireless card and like 7.1 speakers if you really want to.

Actually not a great deal on mobo and cpu.

Its only $10 discount. The shipping alone is like $10.
Its the same price if you bought them seperately cuz the processor is free shipping.

I say get a better mobo and upgrade the gpu and drop the 8gigs get the 1.5rb hdd and get a better power supply as others have said.

Also you might as well spend some more for a wireless card and like 7.1 speakers if you really want to.

Well, as I said before, I have reached the limits of my $1200 budget (actually, I exceed it by $8.36 :eek: ) I cant really afford to upgrade much. With the extra 50 bucks I saved with memory, I think I will get the 1.5TB HD, upgrade the GPU just a bit, and then upgrade the power supply as suggested.
Thanks for the input :)

What's wrong with the mobo? It's a P45 and it supports Crossfire.

Nothings wrong, I thought the man had $1200 and so he can get a better mobo.

Yeah I do but the computer is going to cost $1236 as it is right now :p

However, I do have a problem now. The cheap sound card I got does not have the drivers for a 64-bit OS. I can't get it now. Should I just take off the sound card altogether and just deal with the integrated one on the motherboard, or should I find another sound card that would work correctly (which would inevitably drive up the price of this computer)?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just learned that the on board audio on that particular motherboard happens to be pretty good. In order to get a sound card that will work with 64-bit vista, I would need to spend about $150.

WOOT! I am now below $1200! With $3.92 to spare, I am a happy camper XD
Thanks for all the help so far, I really appreciate it!

However, I do have a problem now. The cheap sound card I got does not have the drivers for a 64-bit OS. I can't get it now. Should I just take off the sound card altogether and just deal with the integrated one on the motherboard, or should I find another sound card that would work correctly (which would inevitably drive up the price of this computer)?
Depends on whether you've got the golden ears of an audiophile or not. If you've got a nice set of speakers you would probably notice the difference in sound quality going from integrated to a decent sound card.

Integrated is fine for 95% of people, though.

Well I have gone through and changed a few things.

I changed the GPU to an ATI, and switched my monitor out for a cheaper one. It has the same resolution and has the same basic specs, but is $50 cheaper. I don't know if Acer is a good brand though, I have never bought any of their products.

Well I have gone through and changed a few things.

I changed the GPU to an ATI, and switched my monitor out for a cheaper one. It has the same resolution and has the same basic specs, but is $50 cheaper. I don't know if Acer is a good brand though, I have never bought any of their products.

ive had my 19" Acer for over 2 years and its still going strong, not a single problem with ti at all!

Sounds good, but I don't I don't understand why you went for one of the most expensive HD 4850s, the others perform exactly the same.

Back
Top Bottom