SLI-Ready Memory- Not Detected

xtqxx

Baseband Member
Last night i came home and turned my computer on then BAM, it immediately went into the BIOS, and near the bottom of the screen it said
"SLI-Ready Memory- Not Detected", I was a little shocked because i have never seen this before, i could not get pass the bios either. I did some research and discovered this is a memory/RAM problem, but i found no way as to solving it. I reset the CMOS and tried booting the computer with 1 stick of ram in various slots. Also, i could not touch the memory options in the bios because it says it is not detected.
System specs:
Mobo: EVGA nForce 780i
RAM: TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX http://corsair.com/products/xms2dhx/default.aspx
CPU: Intel Q6600
Video Card: Evga 8800 GT
PSU: Thermal make 600w

Any help is greatly appreciated :D big pain in the ass at the moment :(

Thank you for the speedy respone :D
No it did not work, just long beeeeps

could unlinking the RAM do any good?

Thank you for the speedy respone :D
No it did not work, just long beeeeps

could unlinking the RAM do any good?

I don't know, maybe he meant use different RAM, because the computer obviously won't boot without RAM installed, thus the beep, the link to the RAM doesn't mention it being SLI certified, so I guess it's not really "guaranteed" to work with SLI systems, it may work in some cases and may not in others, your case may be one of the "others"...

i honestly dont understand what could have possibly happened, im the only one who uses that computer, and within a 3 hour time span it suddenly does this?\

out to lunch should be back in an hour or so to deal with the frustration :p

how would i use this program without being able to get pass the bios?

Yea, I guess that would be a problem. . .

I didn't think that far ahead and was figuring that you could boot to a CD. :eek:

Do you have any spare sticks of memory you can try in that system?

Yea, I guess that would be a problem. . .

I didn't think that far ahead and was figuring that you could boot to a CD. :eek:

Do you have any spare sticks of memory you can try in that system?

Hehe no worries, Im actually in the process of buying some used OCZ Reaper 2x 1gb DDR2-1150 when i get it, ill give you guys the heads up

did you try all your sticks of ram in various places?

it could be the ram slots on the mobo thats defective, but lets hope its not that.

Back
Top Bottom