Building a Computer

swede77

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, I am new here. I dont know if this is the right place to post this, but I need some help.

I am building a computer for the first time, and was wondering if this build would work. I am building this computer around video editing and gaming, and have reached the limits of my $1,200 budget.

Case
Power Supply
Motherboard / Processor
RAM x 2 (8 gigs total)
Graphics Card
Hard drive
DVD drive

I also added a sound card, and a 19" widescreen LCD monitor. For my operating system I chose Vista Home Premium 64-bit.

Anything that would not work with each other or that I am missing, please let me know! I can't really get a job yet, so I have been saving this money for a long time. I really don't have much room for error.

Thanks to everyone to replies, I really appreciate it ;)

Yes it will all work, it looks like a very good system.
Don't bee %100 sure though, wait for some other opinions before concluding.

drop the 8GB of memory down to 4GB and upgrade the 9800GTX to the GTX 260. 8GB is just overkill.

Other than that its a nice build. Although for a couple bucks more you could get the 1.5TB seagate. Its HUGE and FAST, the drive is only 10-25 Mb's slower than a SSD :D

drop the 8GB of memory down to 4GB and upgrade the 9800GTX to the GTX 260. 8GB is just overkill.

Other than that its a nice build. Although for a couple bucks more you could get the 1.5TB seagate. Its HUGE and FAST, the drive is only 10-25 Mb's slower than a SSD :D

SSD? Heard of it, dunno what it is though...some fast hdd or something..

In Australia, the 1.5tb is like an extra $50+.

Down here, in Australia, electronics and computer hardware are expensive.

EDIT: Are there other sites like NewEgg? Does NewEgg ship to Australia or will they in the future?

yeah I did think the 8gb RAM was a bit of overkill, in fact I used that exact word talking about it with my friend lol. So less RAM and a better graphics card. Oh, and the 1.5TB drive says its just the bare drive. Is that saying that it does not include the wires / connector, or is it just making it clear that its OEM?

Thanks for the input. Anything else?

SSD? Heard of it, dunno what it is though...some fast hdd or something..

In Australia, the 1.5tb is like an extra $50+.

SSD is a solid state drive, it's supposedly more reliable because of it's lack of moving parts, it's basically just a big flashdrive, but it's also way more expensive, more than $10 per GB in some cases...

:eek:

Great deal on the CPU+mobo.

I'd swap out that PSU for this though, the OCZ's are manufactured by CWT, who are probably a whole lot more reliable than Newegg's own brand.

And since you've got a CF motherboard, you should go with a HD 4850 over the 9800GTX. Not only does it make more sense to go with an ATi card when you have a CF mobo, the HD 4850 is for the most part faster than the 9800 at the same price.

And he doesn't need a GTX 260 or HD 4870 for a 19" monitor guise.

Great deal on the CPU+mobo.

I'd swap out that PSU for this though, the OCZ's are manufactured by CWT, who are probably a whole lot more reliable than Newegg's own brand.

And since you've got a CF motherboard, you should go with a HD 4850 over the 9800GTX. Not only does it make more sense to go with an ATi card when you have a CF mobo, the HD 4850 is for the most part faster than the 9800 at the same price.

And he doesn't need a GTX 260 or HD 4870 for a 19" monitor guise.

He will if he wants the card to be able to play the games that are coming out this year and 2010. I did not need the 640MB version of the 8800GTS when i bought my GTS, but i sure could use the extra VRAM now, even on my 19".

Back
Top Bottom